6

No One's POV

The group arrived at their destination, a bit shaken up by the events that happened previously. It was unexpected, the loud gunfire that echoed throughout the streets were like fireworks but much more dangerous.

Entering an old building that was a little farther away from the penthouse and closer to the barriers, the group decided to rest and try to make out what just happened. Everyone was exhausted, not physically but mentally. When were they not? It was tiring to always run away, to always face conflict with guns and bloodshed. Today was no exception.

Taehyung let himself sit on the steps of the stairs, trying to reflect what happened. He was silent, not a single sound resonated within him. He didn't dare to speak. The tapping of his feet was the only thing that was active.

With the people missing and the outsiders making an attack, this day was far worse than those times his group was left alone in the streets of Seoul. At least then, they were able to figure ways of defending and surviving by themselves. Now however, where people could be dangerous every turn, it wasn't unusual to be paranoid. This city was beautiful, but with beauty, there is danger.

The thought of trust seemed to always crawl in Taehyung's mind. He noticed that overtime, he was debating the options of his fate; either die with or without his brothers knowing the truth. He would die a liar to everyone, betrayed and mad he would hide such a secret. It was a selfish act, he knew. But his desire to keep such a secret was too strong. The dark veins in his arm only grew day by day, until the very moment his whole body was nothing but the virus. He could almost see it, the way the infected surged through his body, the way his limbs were covered with dead substances. Soon enough, he would perish into the dead, attracted with the fresh smell of flesh.

"I can't deal with this! We can't negotiate with any one of them of they can't stop shooting whenever they see us!" A loud voice boomed through the silent building.

"By the time they stop, we'll all be dead!" The voice continued, getting closer. For sure they were angry, the aggressive sound of a woman cannot be missed. G stormed inside the building, her heavy stomps shaking the floor. There were bloodstains on her clothes, the marks still looked fresh and red. She looked like she just escaped from a battlefield, which she did, and yet still was able to find energy within her to yell so loudly. It was strange, how at first glance she was calm and collected and then suddenly bursted into a devil of anger.

Behind G, was the guy that was most likely Yunho as Mingyu described, his dyed blond hair did not look blond at all, drenched in blood also. He did not look any better than the fuming female.

"Hey, noona! What happened out there?" Mingyu jogged to his sister, curious to know the events that took place. What a nice brother, completely ignoring if his sibling was hurt or not. But at the moment, it didn't seem like G cared at all, as she was completely fine anyway.

"Outsiders, that's what. I tried to have a word with them, but every fucking time I got even remotely close, I was being rained with bullets. Is this what they want? To die?" she sighed, her frustration slowly growing with every breath she took. Her eyes scanned the room, her piercing gaze locking onto the seven shaken boys. It then landed lastly on Taehyung, that familiar questioning look shook him.

He averted his eyes away, trying to look inauspicious. But as calm and reserved he looked, his mind wanted to scream. He felt his pulse rising, the thumping of his quickened heart beating in his ear. The world fell cold and slow under her stare, piercing through his body. Her eyes felt like a predator, and he was her prey.

"Earlier, we believe we saw Mrs. Chen, the person who we assume is the leader of this place..?" Namjoon broke the awkward staring contest between the two, Taehyung feeling thankful his fellow member saved his ass from becoming fried chicken under the woman's gaze. This however, caused everyone to become silent, the question up in the air.

G sighed, dragging her feet to the couch at the other side of the room. "Perhaps it's time to spill the tea. As you heard, Mrs. Chen isn't exactly the nicest person. But as much as I despise her, her family were the ones to save many people, many innocent lives. But even those who do good things can be much unpleasant inside. She was a bit....demanding. Although she was in charge, she changed in a way that benefit only her and her only. Many of the survivors of Busan suffered during these past short ten months. Food had barely been given to the people who didn't have enough money. I know that we needed to have some sort of rules and normal ways of living like before, but we're in a middle of an apocalypse! Last time I checked, there were still enough food to go around and people were still fishing and farming some crops.

"This I believe is somehow related to the missing people. I told everyone before that there had been a rise in people suddenly missing. No evidence of someone leaving the gates nor taking any boats to sail away was found," she paused, quickly jerking her head towards the busted door. Blood drained down her face, the cold chill from outside quickly engulfing her body as a familiar figure invited themselves inside the building that was supposed to be deserted and hidden away from the people's eyes. A sudden fear rushed in her veins.

Everyone in the room turned the other way, noticing why the female looked so distressed.

Mrs. Chen...

"I've been looking everywhere for you three. Is there something you need to say to me? Why is there.....seven new survivors? Strange, I don't recall letting you break one of my rules, Song," Mrs. Chen's voice was stern, laced with a familiar venom. She was a brick wall, her stubbornness stacked on top of layers of various other tense traits. 

gulping down the lump in his throat, Mingyu answered for his sister, "It was my fault! Please don't be angry at her! I was eager to save the seven from the zombies because they looked so helpless!" he blurted, low–key dissing the seven men in the room.

Of course G looked back astonished at her brother's choice of blame. He knew the punishment on breaking any rules made by the leader, so why sacrifice himself? It was strange, he wasn't usually like this.

Jimin saw the whole scene, behind the two tallest members. It wasn't like he didn't understand, but what attracted him the most was that he realized that there were still outsiders behind the gate. "Hey uhhh, sorry to interrupt this fight, but I believe there are more severe problems behind that wall. Don't any of you have any solutions to make them leave?"

Mrs. Chen stopped talking, her gaze scanning the short boy across the room. She inspected him, from the strand of hair to the untied shoelace he had. Squinting, she spoke in a more calm but still demanding way, "I almost forgot. Many soldiers have died and many are heavily injured. Song, as second in command, I'll leave it to you to solve this outsider stuff as punishment. Take this as a warning, next time I won't be too kind. While you do so, I'll be taking the seven for inspection of any infection,"

"Wait! I'ts been a few days since they arrived, so inspecting them is not needed. The virus would take someone over less than two minutes," Yunho had finally said something for the first time in hours. He lied about them staying for a few days, but the deadly lie had rolled smoothly off his tongue, hinting that he was no stranger to lying about many things...

But as much as Jimin wanted to question, his attention was snapped back to the stiff figure. 

"Of course...I'll get to it," G bowed, soon leaving the building. She looked back one last time before she directed towards the gate, a mixture of nervousness, fear, and regret plastered on her paled face. Hopefully leaving them alone with the very person she warned them about would only turn out smooth. Such a useless wish.

Yunho and Mingyu followed behind, a similar expression also visible on their face. Mingyu mouthed a 'be careful' before setting off with the other two. 

"I believe we have met at the wrong foot. Please let me introduce myself more clearly and properly. I am Mrs. Chen, the leader—well the person who saved the people of Busan from those disgusting zombies.

"I believe Second in Command, Song had something to say something about me. Care to share?"