S1 Ep1: The Pilot

(T.W.; SOME MILD LANGUAGE)

A light comes onto a man, dressed in all black or very dark blue, he's white, 5"11, with short medium-brown hair. Aaron Burr. The setting is unclear, seems like a stage. Burr sings, "How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore, and a Scotsman dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in the Caribbean by providence, impoverished in squalor grow up to be a hero and a scholar?"

Another light comes on another man, light brown skin with adorable dark freckles, 5"10, with dark brown, and curly hair, pulled back in a ponytail, in a green shirt with a turtle on it. John Laurens. He also sings, in and angelic voice, "The ten dollar, founding father without a father got a lot smarter by working a lot harder by being a self-starter by 14, they placed him in charge of a trading charter.."

Yet another light turns on to a man, slightly darker brown skin then Laurens, tall as heck, 6"6, with a curly afro, in a magenta tank top. Thomas Jefferson. He sings, "And everyday while slaves were being slaughtered and carted away across the waves he struggled and kept his guard up, inside he was longing for something to be apart of, the brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter."

The lights goes to another man, much darker skin then the others, with a much shorter afro then Jefferson, 6"4, wearing grey. James Madison. He sings, "Then a hurricane came and devastation reigned our man saw his future drip-drippin' down the drain, put a pencil to his temple connected it to his brain, and he wrote his first refrain a testament to his pain."

Burr sings, all lights focused on him and the men who already sang, "Well, the word got around they said 'this kid is insane, man!' took up a collection just to send him to the mainland, get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and the world's gonna know your name, what's your name, man?"

All other lights shut off. A single spotlight in the front and center comes onto another man. Longish dark brown hair, light pulled back in a ponytail, light tan skin, wearing slightly girly glasses, 6"2, a determined look on his face. He sings. He is, "Alexander Hamilton. My name is Alexander Hamilton. And there's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait, just you wait."

The lights flash onto the whole stage, a woman steps forward, tan, 5"8, medium short dark brown hair, in a frilly teal shirt and skirt, gentle eyes, and soft skin. Elizabeth Schuler. She also sings, "When he was 10, his father split, full of it, debt-ridden, two years later see Alex and his mother bed-ridden, half-dead sittin' in their own sick, the scent thick.."

Everyone but Alex whispers, "And Alex got better, but his mother went quick."

Another man steps forward, stately yet kind looking, wearing deep navy blue, 5"9, short black hair, with white skin wearing an orange beanie. George Washington. He sings, "Moved in with his cousin, the cousin committed suicide, left him with nothing but ruined pride, something new inside; a voice sayin'-"

All but Alex sing, "Alex, you gotta fend for yourself-"

Washington sings, "He started retreatin' and trading every treatise on the shelf."

Burr sings, "There would have been nothing left to do with someone less astute he woulda been dead or destitute without a vent of restitution, started workin', clerkin' for his late mother's landlord trading sugar cane and rum and all the things he can't afford. Scammin' for every book he can get his hands on, plannin' for the future see him now as he stands on the bow of a ship, headed for the new land, in New York you can be a new man!" As Burr sings it shows Alexander standing on a ship headed to America and New York Harbor.

Company sings, "In New York you can be a new man!

Alex sings, "Just you wait!"

Company sings. "In New York you can be a new man!"

Alex sings, "Just you wait!"

Company sings, "In New York, New York!"

Alex belts out, from the edge of the boat, "Just you wait!!"

It now shows the mainland hustling and bustling, singing as well, "Alexander Hamilton! We are waiting in the wings for you! You could never back down, you never learned to take your time! Oh, Alexander Hamilton, when America sings for you, will they know what you overcame? Will they know you rewrote the game? The world will never be the same ohh.."

Burr, sings, and what he sings is happening, "Ship is in the harbor now, see if you can spot him. Another immigrant coming up from the bottom, his enemies destroyed his rep, America forget him.. "

Herc, Laf, Jeff, Madison, Tristen, Nala, and Olive sing, "We fought with him."

John, Philip and Nala sing, "Me? I died for him."

Washington sings, "Me? I trusted him."

John, Eliza, Angelica, Maria, Jeff, Burr, Annabeth, and Lafayette sing, "Me? I loved him."

Burr stands confront of the crowd and sings, "And me? I'm the damn fool that shot him."

Everyone sings, "There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!"

Burr asks, one last time, "What's your name, man?"

Everyone sings, "Alexander Hamilton!"