S1 Ep2: First Day In America

(T.W.; SOME MILD LANGUAGE)

Alex gets off a ship, with a briefcase in hand, and duffel bag flung over his shoulders, into the crowded, futuristic New York City, a taxi takes him to a hotel, he gets out and, after a camera pan, throes his stuff into his room, another camera pan, and he's walking into a side room from the lobby, a bar, then the music starts.

The company sings, "2025; New York City."

Alex asks, to a man sitting at the bar, most obviously Burr, "Pardon me, are you Aaron Burr, sir?"

Burr turns and asks, "That depends, who's asking?"

Alex quickly replies, "Oh, sure, sir! I'm Alexander Hamilton, I'm at your service, sir. I have been, looking for you."

Burr says, "I'm getting nervous."

Alex continues on, "Sir, I heard your name at Princeton, I was seeking an accelerated course of study, when I got sort of out-of-sorts with a buddy of yours, I may have punched him, it's a blur, sir, he handles the financials..?"

Burr answers, "You punched the bursar."

Alex replies, with no hesitation, "Yes! I wanted to do what you did, graduate in two, then join the revolution, he looked at me like I was stupid, I'm not stupid, so how'd you do it? How'd you graduate so fast?"

Burr answers, "It was my parents' dying wish before they passed.."

Alex practically cuts him off, "You're an orphan! Of course! I'm an orphan! God, I wish there was a war, then we could prove that we're worth more than anyone bargained for!"

Burr asks, pointing at the seat next to him, "Could I buy you a drink?"

Alex sits there, while burr orders him one, and replies, "That would be nice."

Burr says, "While we're talking, let me offer you some free advice," He continues once Alex gets his drink, "Talk less."

Alex asks, "What?"

Burr says, "Smile more."

Alex nervously chuckles.

Burr continues, "Don't let them know what you're against or what you're for."

Alex asks, "You can't be serious..?"

Burr questions, "You wanna get ahead?"

Alex says, "Yes."

Burr says, "Fools who run their mouths off wind up dead."

Alex barely heard it, though, he blushed as he got very distracted by a very hot, and very gay, certain John Laurens entering the room, filling his lungs with air, an- " WHAT TIME IS IT?!"

Herc and Laf yell back, "Showtime!"

Burr tries to continue, "Like I said-"

"Showtime, showtime, yo, I'm John Laurens in the place to be two pints of Sam Adams, but I'm working on three! Those homophobes don' want it with me, cause I will pop-chicka-pop these cops till I'm free!" John raps.

Lafayette jumps out from behind Laurens, and raps, in a thick French accent, "Oh, oui oui mon ami, je m'appelle Lafayette! The Lancelot of the revolutionary set! I came from afar just to say 'Bonsoir!' Tell the Pres 'Casse toi!' Who's the best? C'est moi!"

Hercules Mulligan then raps, "Brrrah brraaah! I am Hercules Mulligan up in it, lovin' it, yes I heard ya mother said 'Come again?'"

John and Laf say, "Ayyyeee!"

Herc continues, "Lock up your daughters and horses of course it's hard to have inter course over four sets of corsets.."

Laf says, "Wow."