Chapter 2: My Aunt Bails an Orphan Out of Jail

Heyy!! Once again, like I said in How I Played the Playboy I need actor/actress suggestions! Yeah.... Just let me know who you think should play as Kylie or Nafri! Enjoy!! ☺️

{•••••}

Kylie

Once the car starts moving, I can't help but think of the amount of trouble I'm going to be in. I'm a good girl! I don't just randomly head off to jail! I don't even know what we did!

"Excuse, me?" I say to one of the officers.

"Yeah?"

"Uh... I just want to know what we are being taken in for..."

"This kid," he says pointing towards the dark haired boy. "Has been stealing food from the local supermarket."

"It was only an apple! And I was hungry!!" The boy complains.

"Well why didn't you just go home and eat?" I ask. He goes silent.

"Anyways, its not that serious so you'll get to phone someone to bail you out." The officer continues.

I sigh and turn to the boy.

"I've pretty much told you my life story. To make it even, what's your name?"

"Nafri." He sighs and looks down at his feet.

"Nafri?" I try the unusual name myself.

"Yeah... Its a really stupid name." He retorts.

"No, no! It's pretty cool." I give him a weak smile. He shrugs.

"So..." I say. "Got anyone to pick you up?"

He shakes his head. "I'm an orphan. A freaking, homeless orphan."

"Oh.... I'm sorry." I say and look at my feet.

"I don't want your pity." He spits back.

I glare at him and fold my arms. "You know what?! Maybe if you were a bit nicer, you won't be so alone."

"Like the world was to me? Yeah. I don't think so."

"Oh please! You think my life was all sunshine and rainbows?! I had to learn to fake a smile!"

"Well you learned quicker than I did." He stares out the window.

"You never learned."

"I have. But who wants a whining six year old boy, crying at their doorstep?!?" He raises his voice a bit more.

"Well maybe if you--" The car violently jerks to the right and my face smashes against the glass window. I try getting up, when I suddenly feel a much heavier weight crash against my back.

"I don't know of you realized...." I try to push myself back up. "BUT NAFRI, YOU ARE IN MY PERSONAL SPACE!"

He pushes himself off of me and folds his arms. "YA, I FIGURED, SHERLOCK!" He yells back.

"Hey!" The officer shouts. "What's goin' on back there?!"

"Nothing..." We mutter. The rest of the car ride is silent. I don't know if its just me, but everytime I look back at Nafri, it seems as if he's going to cry.

"Alright, kids. We're here." The officer says and stops the car. They take us in to the police department. once we get inside, we head into Franks office. He hands me the phone and I dial my aunt's number. It takes three rings once she picks up.

"Hello?" the familiar sound of her voice answers.

"Aunt Stacey?" I say, shyly.

"Kylie! I was wondering where you went! You should've been home by now."