Chapter 4

After I came in from taking Adonis for a walk I found Charlie in her tornado of a room. I mean it was messier than usual. From the outside people would think that Charlie was the tidiest of the lot, but that girl was completely a pig. The only reason our apartment stayed together was because of me forcing her to keep the chaos to her personal area. "Charlie what in the world are you doing in here?"  For some reason I was afraid to hear the answer to my own question.  "I'm trying to find something to wear to the party. The same thing you should be doing I might add. I mean seriously Aime were you [planning on just throwing something on?" Actually that's exactly what I planned on doing, not that it's any of her business. "Why does it matter? Who in the world am I trying to impress in a crowd of Tyler's friends, I mean really." They would all be just like him. A bunch of men sluts with beautiful faces. "Will you stop both of us know how attractive Tyler is and I have no doubt that there will be some hot guys at the party. And seeing as you have no boyfriend, you are dressing up so we can find you a man." Why was everyone always so interested in my personal love life, or lack thereof?  "Whatever I'm going to go take a nap before you drag me to this party I have no desire to go to." I whispered under my breath. "Oh no you're not we hair to pick out an outfit, do makeup, and hair on two people.  Come on pick up the attitude or it's going to be a long night." Oh gosh she was always pulling this crap. How was she able to make me feel bad for not wanting to go somewhere? What kind of evil mastermind had that type of power? So I don't want to go to some party big deal. All this dressing up was completely too much for something I didn't want to do anyway. Ugh she is still looking at me expectantly. "I'll go wash" I sighed. As I walked away I heard Charlie squealing in delight and I couldn't help but smile at my friend.

                "So I'm thinking I'll wear my black dress, you know that one that frills out at the waist to form kind of that sultry ballerina look, and a hot pink heel. Yes, no?" Charlotte had a body that could pull anything off and asking these questions was just a formality. She knew hoe perfect her body was. She worked hard to keep it so; I saw the process first hand every day. She had a girl next door sexiness about her and a personality that was pure. I think that's what made her so appealing to guys in particular Andrew. "That's really cute, I love it. How are you doing your hair?" "I was thinking maybe soft waves to make it more casual." "I think that's smart and a lot less work" I said jokingly. "Ha-ha yeah I totes agree with you. Have you decided what you are going to wear?"  I really hadn't. I kept mind searching my way through my closet and came up empty. My body was nothing like Charlie and I took a lot to look presentable. I didn't really mess with makeup. I was blessed without the need to really do so.  But hair...that was a different story. I was natural and it took time and a straitening comb to get my hair the way I liked to wear it. Charlie asked me why I didn't just get a relaxer once and I told her a relaxer was nothing but a genie. It promised any wish you could ask for limited to only one wish hair straightening. But once it grants your wish the twist comes because it's a genie and all of your hair breaks off. So yes you have straight hair, but there is barely any on your head because now you have damage.  I learned that cruel lesson far too many times and haven't had a relaxer since my sophomore year of college. So after I do my hair I really don't feel like putting any clothes on. I have curves in all the right places, but to get into cute clothes in some work. Ugh just thinking about it has me tired, this is why I don't go out. This is completely to much work. "I have no idea, but I already did my hair so the hard part is finished." "Well lets go look through your closet I'm sure we can find something for tonight. Ooh how about this?" Charlie picked out a formfitting navy dress I bought for an option for the mixer for incoming interns last week but never wore. I guess it wasn't too bad. "Here and you can wear these shoes." She handed me a pair of Christian Luboutin silver sparkle heels my parents got me for graduation.  This outfit wasn't turning out to shabby actually. "I like it I think it will be cute. Let's change and head to Andrew's. What time are we supposed to meet him again?" Charlie wanted to drink and seeing that his girlfriend was going to be drunk, Andrew wanted to be completely sober. So we are staying the night at his place. "We are meeting him at 10:00" she yelled from her room. I wondered how successfully fake a stroke and end up for the hospital just for the time period of the party? This is ridiculous I'm a big girl! I can handle going to a little get together filled with people I can't stand! No problem, let's go! "Charlie I'm getting in the shower now. Make sure you're ready!" I made sure to say it with as much confidence as I could because by golly this was going to be a fun eventful night! I had a strange feeling that I was going to regret every word I just said.