{3} Our Griffin Eats A Valkyrie

Sadie Kane was confused.

What was with that dream?!

What- or where- is 'Valhalla'?!

Why did Loki look like Ronald Weasley?!

And what was that summery blond guy, Magnus Chase or whatever his name is, doing there?!

My dreams are my dreams only, thank you very much! I don't like to share.

I stirred my spoon around in my cereal, pouting. Carter was looking at a book across the table, Walt beside me, thinking. Zia sat on one side of Carter, looking just as bored as me as she gazed up at the sunny sky. Felix played with a few penguins in a pile of snow close by. Julian, Alyssa, Sean, and Cleo all ate they're breakfast, talking with each other, smiles on their faces.

I sighed. It's so boring here...

My eyes darted over to Freak, who was pacing, Khufu ooh-ooh-aah-ing at him, no doubt trying to teach Freak basketball.

I had yet to tell Carter or Walt about my dream. They were already so busy with classes.

Urgh. It's all about classes this and classes that. I never get a break!

I glanced at Freak once again, an idea popping into my head.

"Hmmm..." I muttered, Zia giving me a strange look.

"Okay, that's it. What are you planning, Sadie?" Zia asked, leaning on her hands and raising an eyebrow.

Everyone fell quiet, looking at me.

"Hmm, me? Oh, nothing. Just excited for classes today! I have something I'm curious about to look up in the library later." I lied (well, sort of), plastering a fake smile on my face. Zia, Walt, and Carter did not look convinced, but they didn't push.

When they weren't looking, I smirked.

Long-need vacation, here I come.

-0-0-0-

That night, I snuck out onto the roof, wearing my boots and a leather jacket to protect me from the cold, a small bag at my side.

Freak spotted me, about to shout. "FFFRRREE-"

"Freak! Shhh!" I hushed, looking around. No one heard him, thankfully.

I attached the boat to Freak, ready to leave. "Okay, Freak. Let's go-"

Suddenly, a hand grabbed me by the arm.

"Sadie! What are you doing?!"

It was my brother, Carter. He wore his linen pajamas, only he had a scarf on due to the icy night air.

"Leaving! I need a break from all of this!" I huffed, turning away from my brother.

"Wha- Sadie! If you needed a break, I would've let you take the day off!"

"'I would've let you take the day off! ' I want to get out of here, Carter! I want to go on an adventure!"

"Adventure is the last thing I want."

"Exactly!" I exclaimed. Carter buried his face in his hands.

"Sadie, just come inside. We can go on an 'adventure' again sometime soon. Just not right now, okay? It's the middle of the night!"

I rolled my eyes, sticking my tongue out at Carter. "I'm going, and there's no stopping me!"

I grabbed Freak's reins, Carter diving into the boat as Freak took off into the night.