Chapter 5 - A Secret Past

~THE NEXT DAY~

Zero didn’t come to school; Yuki and I were left to prefect duties. Yuki was overly worried and wanted to go and question Two. I told her that he was fine and probably just needed a little more rest and that she probably needed more rest as well. I sent her to bed and then went on my suicide mission; to talk Two into telling me where Zero is.

“Two! Where is Zero?” I asked demanded as I stop him on his way to his new teaching job, as a Night class teacher.

“You don’t have the right to be asking me questions, Three…” he growled back. I flinched, no I wouldn’t give up. No matter how much his words hurt.

“Where is he? What did you do with him?!” I asked trying to remain calm.

“…We isolated him, of course” Two answered calmly “It wouldn’t surprise me if that guy goes mad one day. Before we solve this problem, I hope to prevent any more casualties. Now go away Three, I’m busy. I do have a job, you know” He walked into the classroom slamming the door in my face.

…..

“Have you been standing here all this while?” Two sighed as he saw me standing outside his classroom, after his class.

“Where is he?” I questioned, staring straight into his eyes, something I haven’t done in years.

“He’s in the guest room in One’s private quarters” he sighed and turned his back to me. I ran and ran until I reached his door and quickly knocking on it. I was panting heavily as I stared into his shocked lavender eyes, after he open the door.

“Everything is okay, so, you should do back, Tanaka-san” he said going to close the door on me, but I stopped it with my foot.

“Cut the bullshit! It’s Fate, dammit! You… You promised me you won’t stop fighting… you promised me… just like I promised you… so fight back, Zero!” I yelled pushing the door more open.

“I… don’t even know… what you’re fighting… all these questions… come up… why is you’re blood both human and vampire…? How do you know Master…? Why does Master seem to hate you…? Why does Master call you ‘Three’ and you call him ‘Two’…? How do you know so much about… everyone…? So many questions… and yet you know every detail of my life…” Zero whispered, hiding behind the dorm.

“I’ll answer your questions… just continue to live…” I whispered, and grab his large hand and led him into the bathroom, shutting the door closed behind us. “…Nobody would find us in here…” I removed my black jacket and undid the top couple of buttons of my white shirt. “Please continue… what you were doing yesterday…” I pinned him against the bathroom wall his eyes held a slight reddish tinge.

“…What are you…” Zero questioned as I looked up to his lavender eyes. It was only now that I realised how tall he really was. I only came up to his shoulders.

“You need this, Zero… plus… I thought you wanted to know my pain… this is the only way…” I whispered as we slowly slid down to the bathroom floor.

“…Stop this… I can’t… forgive myself…” he struggled to say, as he was was fighting against his thirst.

“I know… I’m sorry… let us…do something unforgivable… and you will finally see my pain…” I whispered as he bit down hard into my neck.

-Zero’s POV-

I arrived in a space of pitch black suddenly.

“Wait…! But I was just…” I whispered, confused.

“You still are biting me, Zero” said a calm voice; Fate “Have you heard of vampires when they bite someone being able to feel their emotions, seeing their thoughts, go into their mind? That exactly what I’m letting you do now; I’m letting you see my past. Take me hand” I looked at her in question, before nodding and taking her small hand.