|01|

the promises between human and vampire

|01|

LILIAN STARED AT HER CEILING.She had just finished a sandwich, leaving her family amazed because of her appetite for human food. There was no doubt that Lilian was a vampire, for she'd broken a wall when she attempted to lean against it. Her temperature was cold as well, like a corps'. And even though Lilian wanted to drain any human dry from blood, she felt as if she could control that hellish feeling in the back of her throat, soothe it with ice cream and other human junk food.

Her brains tried to manage with the reality that was created for her: she was a vampire who stood alone in the great, wide world. The Cullens had left town and she was a danger to everyone in it. She might have a gift, and she doesn't understand it. Goddamn, she was going to get a headache because she was overthinking what to do with her life now.

Hunter let out a compassionate cry, probably feeling his owner's distress. Lilian smiled at the animal sadly, lifting a careful hand to stroke its fur...

It had been eleven months since she had stroked her brother's silver fur, as the life seeped out of her. It had been almost a year since she last saw Jasper... the love of her life, whom she had given mortality for. Her mate, whom she'd probably never see again, and so, the mating bond would never fall into place.

Lilian carried herself from her bed, her touches careful, trying not to break anything around her. She slowly opened her closet, seeing that some of her clothes had gone, as people had thought she'd never wake up again, and seen her will.

"Great," she mumbled, taking out her good, old red parka, her brown boots, a pair of jeans and a sweater. She had to know how the hunt worked, and this seemed to be the best way to do it: alone and through the day. Besides, since Collin had given away her diaries, she had to buy a new one in town.

She took her credit card and put it one of her parka's pockets. The blonde then jumped out of her window, speeding away into the woods.

Lilian kept on running, not looking where she went. Her feet knew their way and Lilian merely tried to enjoy the feeling of the wind that brushed through her hair, the fantastic scents that were spread across the woods, and the sounds of everything that lived in it...

"Laurent..." she suddenly heard a slightly familiar voice say, somewhere far away from her, "what are you doing here?" her brains worked like a computer on the best network thinkable – faster than she could imagine. It was Bella! That voice belonged to Bella Swan, her friend. Her broken friend, and a human drinking vampire was close to her!

Lilian ran faster than before, her ears all set on Bella's voice. Lilian didn't even know how it ended with James, she didn't know what happened to Bella during her coma. Lilian was dumbfounded, as she realized, that she knew nothing.