2

March 30, 2019
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"I figured that. But where am I?". I asked him as I saw all of the other beds in the room. I wasn't at a regular hospital. It was dirty in here and didn't seem to sanitary.

"You're in prison and at the infirmary. The doctor will be back shortly". He said as he sat down in his chair and proceeded to eat his donut.

I rolled my eyes. I just need someone to tell me how long I've been in here.

"Can I at least get a phone call?".

He rolled his eyes and looked at me. As if I were bothering him. "Ma'am, please just sit back and not speak. You were in a coma for at least 5 months".

5 months? Ain't no way in hell.

"Excuse me, I need to speak to my lawyer". I told him as I was now growing more annoyed. I saw my ankles were chained to the bed like I was some damn slave.

"Look, I'm not the guy man. You need to wait until the doctor comes back. I cant help you lady. Now please, you see I'm busy". He said as he pointed to the Tv.

Stupid pig. Oink Oink face ass.

After what felt like forever, the doctor finally came back in. He was a middle aged man.

He was putting charts away when he turned to me

He was putting charts away when he turned to me. He saw me awake and chuckled lowly.

"Mrs.Gaulden. Good to see you're awake. How're you feeling?". He asked me as he walked to my bedside.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm feeling okay. Just stressed because Mr.Sir over there wouldn't tell me anything".

He smiled and shook his head. He opened my charts and began reading something.

"You were shot on the left side of your chest. The bullet ruptured an artery which led to blood loss and caused you to fall into a coma. The bullet luckily missed your lung which would've made everything a lot worse".

I shook my head and sighed. This was not supposed to happen. I was supposed to die so my ass wouldn't have to be doing time.

"Is there a way I can speak to my lawyer? Or someone?". I asked as I felt my eyes get heavy.

"I will call the Superintendent after you wake up. But for now, get some rest ma'am".

I rolled my eyes. "I've been sleep for the past 6 months. I already have enough rest". I yawned and closed my eyes.

I woke up and saw I was in the same old nasty ass infirmary. I rolled my eyes and exhaled deeply.

"Don't worry, If you keep yourself busy - time'll go by quicker". I heard a female voice say from the corner.

I looked over at her and saw this pretty brown woman. She looked pretty bruised up and had stitches on her eyebrow.

I chuckled at her. "Hopefully".

A brief moment of silence passed before she spoke again. "I'm Shay". She introduced herself.

I looked over at her and smiled. "I'm Aaliyah but you can call me Liyah".

She smiled weakly and nodded. "How much time you got?". She asked.

"Shit, I don't even know. I woke up and I was in here, haven't talked to anyone but the doctor".

"He fine ain't he". She chuckled. I puckered my lips up and we both laughed. "Yay girl, he a luh fine one".

Her New Orleans accent sounded like music to my ears. It brought me to a quick panic making me realize I didn't know who had my kids.

"Do you know when someone is going to come back? I need to speak to my lawyer or someone". I said in a panic.

"Don't panic. You panic - time gone go by slow. Da docta should be back soon".

After about an hour, I saw my lawyer walk in along with the Superintendent.

"Mrs. Gaulden, good to finally meet you. I'm your lawyer Mrs. Drewberry. I came to have a word with you about your case". She said as she held her briefcase in front of her.

I looked at her then the superintendent. I nodded and sighed.

"First things first, how are you feeling? First day awake after a 5 month coma and I know you must be tired".

I nodded slowly. This chick weird.

"Well, I came to give you information about your case. You will be serving a 30 year sentence. You must serve at least 5 years before being considered parole. If you are granted parole, you have to do the remaining 25 years on probation".

The room started spinning and getting hotter and hotter and before I knew it; it went dark.

Next chapter out with 15 votes and 5 comments