3

March 31, 2019
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I was awaken by my lawyer. I guess all them damn big numbers made my ass pass out. How the hell could I have to do all of that! Away from my kids!

"Mrs. Gaulden are you okay? Would you like me to come another time?". She asked concerned.

I shook my head. "I just need water". I said.

She passed me a glass of water and continued talking about my case.

"Now, I'm sorry I just wasn't prepared to hear those large numbers". I said as I swallowed water.

"Now, I do want you to tell me what happened the night of the murder. Since you weren't awake during the process, Investigators want to question you". She said as she sat in a chair beside the bed.

"Woah wait. Can I get a phone call or something? I need to speak to my husband!".

My lawyer looked at the Superintendent and back at me. "We tried to call your husband repeatedly, but we were unable to get a answer".

I frowned my face. "Maybe you called the wrong number. Please I really ne-". She cut me off.

"Your husband wants nothing to do with you Mrs.Gaulden. Trust me. I've contacted his lawyer, his manager, family members but no one picks up or emails me back".

Everything this lady is saying is absolute bullshit. I know my husband wouldn't just ghost me like that. Not after I'm taking the fall for him.

Maybe he has to do this. Maybe his Lawyer doesn't want him speaking to mine because of some legal stuff. It all makes sense!

I was so busy in my own thoughts, I hadn't recognized Mrs.Drewberry was speaking.

She grabbed my hand and nodded. "I will do whatever I can do make your time quick and easy. But before, I need to know what exactly happened that night".

Flashback
"Now, Can you tell me what happened that night?". She asked as she started writing things on her notepad.

Me and Ken snuck round back. Watching over our shoulder every so often. He was able to pop the lock on the door and we crept into the silent house.

The smell of beer and weed immediately hit my nose, making me grow nauseous. I covered my mouth in hopes of not gagging. Lucky, I didn't.

We walked around the house. Checking every single room. Only finding them empty. We saw Kd and 33 and nodded.

"Y'all sure we got the right address? It's real quiet?". Kd asked.

Just then, loud shots rung from the house. We all started shooting, not even aware of who it was. I stopped shooting when I felt something hot hit my chest and made me fall.

As I hit the ground, I fired a shot into the air. It felt like hot lava was running down my chest and onto the floor. I started coughing and immediately tasted metal.

Someone turned the light on and I saw I had been shot. On the right side of my chest was pouring out blood. Ken rushed to me and put pressure on the wound, crying hysterically.

The distant sound of police sirens rung through my ears. I looked him in the eyes and shook my head. He has to get out of here or it's immediately life without parole.

"K-Ken. You have to go". I told him as I coughed up blood.

He shook his head and looked around. "GET ME SOMETHING! HELP ME WITH HER". He screamed at the guys. He looked back at me and wiped his eyes. "Babe shh, listen - we're gonna get you outta here aight?".

It then got hard to breathe. Black spots appeared in the room and I leaned my head back. "Ken you have to leave me. You have to get out of here before the police come okay? I'll be fine". I cried to him.

He shook his head and wiped his eyes. My blood covered his hands, entirely.

"I'm not leavin you! I shouldn't had brought you hea! It's ma fault". He screamed.

"B-B-Babe. Kentrell, I'm okay. But you have to go okay? If you love me, you'll leave me". I pleaded.

"YB! We gotta go! Police comin quick. We gotta go man". Kd said as he started pulling him away. Soon all 3 of them dragged him out of the house, of course he didn't go easy.

"Aaliyah! I'm coming back baby! I promise!". He screamed from outside of the house. I heard tire screeching and take off down the road.

I stared at the ceiling, which out of my peripheral vision, I saw Gee's dead body lay lifeless.
Flashback Over

"That's all I remember. I don't remember being transported here or anything". I said as I started crying.

She raised an eyebrow and wrote on her pad once again. "Now, you're telling me you did all this... Alone?". She asked questionably.

I sighed and nodded. I obviously didn't tell her who was all there with me so I changed things in the story.

"How could a woman as little as you have the brains to come up with all this alone". The superintendent said.

I looked up at him with a evil face. No this bitch didn't.

"Sir, What's your name and job here?". I asked him.

He cleared his throat. "Just call me Daryl. Like she said before, I'm the superintendent here".

I smiled and nodded. "Well Daryl. This is my lawyer. I didn't know I had two of them, so if you don't mind can you please, ya know?". I asked.

He got the gist of what I was saying and stopped talking.

I looked back to my Lawyer. "Mrs.Drewberry, if my husband doesn't want to speak to me. Please call my mother and let me speak to her. I need to know if my kids are okay".

She nodded. "We will finish this another time. I want you to rest and take it easy. I wrote my number on that paper over there, so call me if you need to speak on anything okay?".

I sighed and nodded.

prom is this friday 05/18! i have soooo much to do it's crazy! i'm so excited! next chapter out with 15 votes and 10 comments.