•Chapter 8•

English subtitles in Italics

Manik stopped but holding her neck he brought her closer to him such that there lips were just centimeters apart.

Manik : I am stopping for now Princess but next time ( he caressed her lower lips).

He then held Nandini from her waist and placed her back on the bed and left but not before kissing her neck.

Nandini said nothing but just closed her eyes and let those tears fall free from her eyes. She was clutching the bed sheets tight in her fists.

Nandini's POV

I will marry him No matter what. I can't do this to my Family. I can't be selfish. If this is my fate then I will accept it.

End of POV

Her chain of thoughts was broken by a knock on the door.

Nandini: Come in.

A maid came inside

Maid: Raajkumari Ji Raaj Maata aapse Milna chahti Hai. Wo apka apne office mein wait kar rahi Hai.

(Princess, Raaj Maata wants to meet you. She is waiting for you in her office)

Nandini: Aap unse kahiea Hum aa rahe Hai.

(Convey her that I am coming)

Maid nods and leaves.

Nandini too leaves but not before splashing water her face. She knocks the door before entering the office. As she enters she took a notice that both her parents and Manik along with his father were already present their.

Manik quickly turns to her and gave her a smirk before turning back.

Nandini went to Aruna Devi(Raaj Maata) and said

Nandini : Aapne Hume bulaya Daadi Saab?

(You called me Daadi Saab?)

Aruna Devi nods and said

Aruna Devi: Nandini Hum abhi jo aapko baat btane wale Hai Hum chahti Hai ki aap usse samjhe Aur jald Baazi mein Aisa Koi Faisla naa le jisse ki aapko ya aapki praja ko Koi haani ho.

(Nandini whatever I am going to tell you I want you to understand it and not to make any rash decision that would harm you or the people of your estate)

Nandini nods knowing where this conversation was leading to.

Aruna Devi came to Nandini and held her by shoulders gently.

Aruna Devi: Hum Jante hai beta Hum aapse bohot Maangne ja rahe Hai Aur Hume aapki Zindagi ka Itna bda faisla lene ka Koi haqq Nahi hai par .......(after a long silence) Hum chahte Hai ki aap Manik se shaadi kar le.

(My child I know I am going to ask a lot from you and I have no right to take a big decision like this of your life but.... (after a long silence) I want you to marry Manik.

Nandini : Aapko har haqq Hai humari Zindagi ke liye Faisla lene ka Daadi Saab.
Aur agar aap chahti Hai ki Hum Manik se shaadi Karle toh Hum krenge.

(You have all the rights to take decisions for my life Daadi Saab and if you want me to marry Manik then I will Marry him)

Aruna Devi looked at her with a proud smile and cups her face gently and kissed her forehead. Nandini too smiled controlling her tears.