*Fight For Life*~15

(Criss's P.O.V.)

By the time the sun came thru the hospital window, I was oddly awake before Kacie was, I guess I wore her out, but I didn't want to wake her, so I snuggled up to her and closed my eyes to relax some more actually feeling better than I have been in a long time. Chan came in a couple of times to check on me and the equipment I was hooked up to, on his third visit into the room he told me that I had some visitors in his office wanting to see me. It was then I remembered that Kacie talked me into letting my family know what was going on with me, but I wasn't sure I was ready to tell them everything or if I was even mentally prepared to see them yet.

Guilt was beginning to fill every pore in my body, as Chan said he would show them in, then he added that there was a very adorable lil boy with them. I couldn't believe it Klayton brought my son with him, how was I going to explain all this shit to my 5-year-old boy, about why I wasn't at home with him, playing with him, and being with him instead of his Uncle Klayton. Kacie made me lose the current thought when she woke up and smiled at me as she said good morning to me and asked how I was feeling. I told her I was feeling like Superman this morning and it was all thanks to her.

She slid up on her arms to where she was leaning over me slightly and gave me a tiny smooch, as she told me she was so happy that I was feeling ok this morning. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her back and told her that my family was here. She jumped up trying to find her clothes, then she comically ran to the bathroom wanting to get cleaned up before they came into the room, I could tell by her expressions that she was a nervous wreck, and quite worried about my family not liking her, or thinking the worst of her, when she was at her best, and all for me. But she didn't have to worry, because I would defend her from anyone that tried to speak or think wrongfully of her and I was going to get her to marry me no matter what it took.

Lucy came in the room as she showed my family into the room, my mom was the first one to wrap around me in tears as always telling me how bad I was for keeping secrets from her and my brothers. I hugged and kissed her back, and told her that I was trying to keep them from being hurt from it. I looked over at Lucy and she shook her head no, letting me know that neither she nor Chan told them what was going on with me, so even though they were there with me, they were still very much in the dark as to why I was there.

JD and Costa both jumped on me next hugging me very tightly asking me why I was there and what in the hell did I do to myself this time...and that it was so not cool of me by hiding it from them. I was about to tell them something when Klayton came in with Johnny wrapped in his arms, my mind went blank as I saw my lil man smiling down at me and screeching daddy very happily as his lil arms were stretched out as far as they would go reaching for me. As soon as I had my son in my arms, I couldn't hold back my tears anymore, I flooded him with butterfly kisses as I told him how much I missed him.

Klayton gave me a hug and told me in my ear that he knew everything by reading the Dr's report and he was highly pissed off at me for not telling him because he was always the first one to find out anything I was hiding. I told him with my expressions to keep his trap shut, for now, he was under extreme protest, but he didn't say anything...yet. I wasn't sure how long he would keep something that serious a secret from my family though, because, in his mind, my family was his family too, and they deserved to know the truth...and for as bad as I hated to admit it, my blood brother was right.

My family has been visiting with me for two hours now, and Kacie still never came out of the bathroom, I slowly sat up and decided to walk around a lil bit with Klayton's help that I didn't ask for. I went to the door and gently tapped on it as I asked her if she was going to come out and say hi, or if she locked herself in there so she wouldn't have to. When she didn't answer I touched the doorknob and reminded her that I was still a professional at picking any lock, and could get in there with her very easy peasy. My mom came up behind me and asked me who I was talking too. I went to my mommy's ear and told her that I fell in love with a very beautiful girl and fellow Loyal of mine and that she was scared to come out to meet everyone. 

I ignored my mom's expression because I knew she was going to analyze her right when Kacie came out, and I asked her to hold off on it because Kacie had a very low self-esteem, and she was nervous as hell already. Klayton was on the floor playing with Johnny as he said he was the perfect remedy to cure that condition of hers. I playfully kicked him and told him to keep his mind out of the fucking gutter and to leave my lil Bess alone, because I already had plans for her, and none of them included his crazy ass. Then I magically opened the bathroom door and reached my hand in and slowly pulled her out of the bathroom so my family could see her.