introduction

little bit about the story/setting

the story is inspired by a show I've seen, although the idea and gist are very similar, the plot and characters i had in mind are different

the story is inspired by a show I've seen, although the idea and gist are very similar, the plot and characters i had in mind are different... but this is def NOT a fan fiction, I just absolutely adored the idea of the series and decided to make a spinoff of my own (: so yes, the setting and idea of the story took heavy inspiration from something else, but the characters and plot are of my own (: so i hope u enjoy hehe

this story takes place in a world where being a hero, and having a seren/power is acceptable and pretty common..

there is somewhat of a social hierarchy--think of it as like tiers; at the very bottom there's humans, then its the habitual heroes (ones with small everyday powers, or limited powerful ones), and then finally, the Fortunates—(the powerful heroes, who can become official after attending and passing the academy--aka where Mercury fits in.. if she passes)

if you fail at becoming an official Fortunate, then you're considered a stronger than normal habitual hero that has to limit the use of their power. Because of this, many turn to joining the Misfortunates (basically an an alliance of extremely powerful, illegal, and dangerous villains)

most get their seren at age 5-7

school starts at age 5, then normal schooling till age 16, then if you qualify for the Fortunates academy you can join from ages 17-19.

...

there might be some confusing elements about peoples serens later on and i will explain as best i can, but please leave me some comments if its just too confusing, or if there's some grammatical errors so i can revise!!

also lovelies,, im new to this, but i am so beyond excited for you guys to read this story. i've had the idea in my head for months now, and i just couldn't shake it out.. so what am i stuck with you might ask? finalllllly sitting down to write this series (despite being swamped with school work). anywayyy, i am absolutely in love with this concept and the plot that i have in mind, so i really hope you guys will love it too!!

also, don't forget to vote and comment, that would be awesome!!

ps if you already know the show that this is based on (; we could be really great friends ahhhahaha