1. Prologue?

okay so this is my first book and i honestly don't know what i'm doing. 

i hope you enjoy this book even though my writing skills sucks. I'd love to get some tips to improve my writing skills and let me know if some words are wrong. English is not my first language so it might be some typo's. 

I will post new capter(s) each friday/ weekend.

Layla lived in a big mansion in wales. Her father was a rich man, he was a surgeon. Layla had one sister, her sisters name was Hazel  because of her Hazel eyes.

Layla didn't have hazel eyes, but she had light brown eyes and dark brown hair. She looked more like her father than her mother.

She had lost her mother at the age of 14, when her mother died in a car crash due to a drunk driver who drove into her mother's car. Her father was never around. He was too busy with work, but he loved his daughters. Layla didn't mind her father working all the time because she knew he loved her and that he wanted the best for the family. Layla and her sister Hazel were very different from each other. Layla liked to be alone and read books and draw, while Hazel liked to be with friends and socialize.

Layla often feel like she's the older sister, because her sister is so immature sometimes, but don't get me wrong Hazel could take charge of things and when she needed to be, she was mature. she was overly protective of her sister. Especially after what had happened to their mother.

Hazel had moved out of the house, she had been studying at Cardiff university in wales. Layla didn't know what she wanted to study at university, but she graduated with great grades. She was very intelligent, she had studied very hard at school. She was 19 years old and had no idea what to do with her life.

She felt lonely because her father was never there, and her sister had gone to university and all her friends had gone to university too or they were doing something else. No one had time for Layla anymore, everyone was moving on expect her.

Layla wasn't angry at them nor was she selfish, she always cared about other people. She would never hurt another living being, not physically or mentally. She was a very likeable person. She had never been bullied and people were always nice to her even if she wasn't the most popular girl at school, but she wasn't unknown either.

She had never really dated or had a love interest because she was always so busy studying, but what for? She had nowhere to go, nothing to do, no one to be with.

Deep in her thoughts, she heard her dad calling her name. she was very confused to why he was home this early. She walked at a fast speed towards her father.

"Hey dad why are you home so early today? Is everything okay?" Layla asked with a concerned voice.

"Yes of course! I was going to surprise you. I didn't have work today I was just going to get something, you want to see?" he asked.

Layla smiled and nodded.

Her father John had opened the back door to the car, a dog jumped down from the car seat and started greeting Layla.

It was a beautiful dog, Layla didn't know the breed of the dog, but it looked like a German Shepherd with a different pattern. Most of its fur was white. The back and around its eyes were black and it also had some light brown fur around the face and back.

Layla was shook.

"Whose dog is this?" Layla asked

2It's your dog sweetie! I kno-"

Her father couldn't finish his sentence, Layla had hugged him tightly.

"Thank you thank you thank you sooo much dad!!! I am so thankful for the dog."

"You're welcome Layla. I am so happy you like him. I know you've been very sad lately and feeling so alone and I wanted to cheer you up. And i wanted to spend a wonderful day with my daughter."

Layla had cried a little, but it was happy tears of course.

"How did you know I felt like that?" Layla sked

"You're not very good at hiding your feelings even if you try. I always know when you're feeling down or when you're feeling happy." Her dad said in a nice soothing voice.

"Seriously, how come you never told me this?"

Before her father could answer, she asked:

"What breed is the dog and where did you get him?"

"Well it's a panda German shepherd. unfortunately, the owner died, and he didn't have anyone to take care of him, so I asked if I could get him and they said yes, and I took him with me here to you, his name is Baxter."

"Thank you so much dad, I couldn't imagine a life without you. I have never heard of a panda German shepherd before, is that really a thing?" Layla asked in surprisement.

"Yes, you are looking at one right now. This truly is a thing, I was surprised too when they said this to me."

"I was hoping we could have a picnic and eat lunch, just the two of us today what do you say? her father asked."

"Yes, that would be great, but only if I can take Baxter with me. Layla said with excitement in her voice."

"Of course, then there will be just the three of us." Her father smiles.

Layla smiled back.

"Ahh i haven't seen that smile in weeks, I'm glad you're happy."

"I'm just very glad to be spending some time with my dad for once, I even have a companion now, isn't that right Baxter?" Layla said in a light voice.

Baxter:.........

After a fantastic day together, Layla was ready to sleep. She fell asleep right away when she put her head on her pillow. Baxter slept next to her. 

Layla woke up. She had woken up from a dream. A dream she had dreamt so many times as a child. She had the same dream again and again as a child. She hadn't had them in years, why are they suddenly coming back after all these years? What does this mean? Why is this happening?

The dream would always start with her coming out of a bush or a tree. She would look around. There was a big forest with the tallest trees she had ever seen. She followed the path. She saw men riding horses past her, they never noticed her. She had teleported to some other place. There were always an aching and painful feeling whenever she teleported to this place. Everything was dark and there were always a woman there sitting and fooling around with her knife. Layla could never see any details of this woman. She would always have something covered half of her face and a hood. Everything was so black. Layla always felt gloomy in this part of the dream. The woman must have had a dark past or something. She would then teleport to somewhere else. A big castle. White and gold, it looked majestic and charming. Then she would see the colors: purple, black and blue. Then a big war, a bloodbath if you ask me, dead men and women everywhere. And then she would wake up from this intense roller coaster of a dream.

The same dream she had dreamt repeatedly since she was 9 years old, but it stopped when she turned 17 and started again now, but why?

Layla had so many questions, she needed answers to why she was dreaming the same dream. She and her father had gone to someone seeking help with the dreams. It didn't help her, she just had to live with them.

Layla would always try to stay up as long as she could because she thought the dream was horrifying as a child. She had to take sleep pills because she didn't want to sleep and she couldn't focus in class. She got used to the dreams when she was about 15 years old, but she still hate them so much to this day.