31. Unforgettable

Just a quick reminder that this story has been set as mature.

The war had begun.

Everyone ran towards each other; I ran towards the side of the battlefield so we would not be in the middle and risking Layla to get hurt. Umbra had already run all the way to the other side and I could see him biting into the soldiers and killing them instantly.

I was not planning on fighting anyone unless they came up to me and Layla.

"Weren't we supposed to protect Axel?" She asked me.

I had forgotten about that man. Hell, he was nowhere to be found. I could not see any of our friends because there were thousands of people on the battlefield.

I knew Rosa and Rocco had turned into werewolves for strength. so it would be easier to find them in the crowd of people and other creatures.

I spotted the 7th protector. Luckily, he was still alive, but I had to go to him and protect him. Protecting two people at the same time is a very hard task but they were my highest priority right now. Layla being a higher priority than the 7th protector.

I ran toward him while holding Layla in one hand and my katana in the other. I summoned Umbra to protect us so no one would try to attack us from behind. As I ran toward the 7th protector, a soldier sliced through his neck and he fell dead on the ground. I stopped and looked at Layla, she looked scared and shocked at the same time.

I remembered that the stone was the thing I had to protect so I ran towards the dead man, but Rosa came running to him before I reached him and retrieved the necklace with the stone. Now Rosa was the one who carried the stone.

She had not spotted me yet, so she ran in another direction, I tried to shout her name but it as to no vain. I thought werewolves had better hearing than most people. I guess it was hard to hear me because of all the other noises surrounding us.

I had to find Rosa so she could give it to me. I did not want her to be such a big target for the king. I ran in her direction and tried to find her. Layla was still holding tightly onto my hand.

I spotted Rosa and ran towards her. I tried to contact her by shouting her name, but she could not hear me. Two men launched at her, but she managed to kill them both. I ran toward her again. She finally spotted me and waited for me to come.

A man launched himself at Rosa, he pierced a sword right into her chest, she fell to the ground.

"Rosaleen!" I shouted. I ran towards them and easily cut off his head with my katana.

Rosa had turned into a human again, but she was naked, so I put my warm cape over her. She was bleeding so much.

"Zelda!" she yelled in pain.

"You do not get to die like this Rosa, please do not die." It hurt me to see her so weak, so close to death. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.

Layla removed her hand from my hand and sat beside Rosa. She looked up at me with sad eyes and I could not hold in my tears back anymore. I put a piece of cloth on her chest and I held Rosa in my arms as she was dying right there in my hands.

"I will forever be in your heart, Zelda. Even if I will not make it today, I will always be there for you. I am happy you and Layla are by my side before I go. Do not blame this on yourself and do not lose this war."

"You will not die today!" I cried. Layla hugged me tightly, trying to comfort me.

"Please Zelda, win this war for me." She couched and put her hand on her chest where she had been hurt, in pain.

"Tell my brother I love him with my whole life and death. You have been such good friends and I will always remember you."

I heard a howl; it could only be her brother. He must have felt what happened to his sister. I have read that werewolves can have a special bond. They can feel if something happens to their pack, family or mate.

He came running towards us, he shifted into a human and cried so much, I had never seen someone cry this much before, never.

They said some words to each other that I did not hear, and Rocco hugged her carefully so she would not feel pain as he hugged her.

I could see her hands falling as he proceeded to hug her.

He broke the hug and saw her lifeless body, I could see tears on her cheeks, she was pale and lifeless.

Rocco held his hands in front of his face and screamed as tears were flowing down his cheeks.

I buried my head in Layla's shoulder. I was incapable of doing anything at that moment. I sobbed and she caressed my head. She stroked my hair and cried with me.