6.

It was morning, the campfire had burned out and Zelda was already awake.

"Why are you always wearing that mask?" Layla asked

"No one will recognize me when I'm wearing it."

"You can take it off when you are with me, I have no clue what you look like and I would like to know."

"Why?"

"I'm curious," Layla said with a smile.

"I'm not taking it off."

"Why? are you afraid?" Layla said teasingly

"I'm not afraid!" Zelda said in a mad voice

"Then take it off!"

"Make me!"

What does that mean even mean?

"Gladly." Layla had a smirk on her face

Layla walked closer and tried to take it off, but before she could even touch Zelda, she was pushed to the ground.

"Too easy, if you want to see what's under this mask then you must fight for it."

Layla rubbed her back in pain. "I can't fight."

"That's why I'm going to teach you. you must prepare."

"For what exactly?"

"You'll see soon."

Layla had a small suspicion that it was about the war she saw in her dreams. She was lowkey scared, but less scared when Zelda was there to protect her. Layla started smiling at the thought of Zelda.

"Why are you smiling?"  Zelda asked curiously

"I was thinking of someone."

"Who?"

"Someone I adore a lot, a very brave person with a rather interesting personality."

"A lover?" Zelda asked

"I wish..." Layla replied. 

"What about you Zelda. Do you have one?"

"No, the last one got murdered..."

Ouch, why did I have to make a fool of myself, this conversation started so great, I'm a fucking idiot. She didn't say the gender of her last lover, a male or a female? Ugh, I shouldn't ask though. I think I've done enough damage for today anyway. Layla thought to herself.

"I'm sorry," Layla said.

"It's okay, it was years ago... I'm going to take revenge on the murderer soon anyway."

Wait, was she talking about her friend that had taught her magic?

"Your lover was the girl who taught you magic?"

Omfg, why did I ask this? Everything is just rambling out of my mouth. I can't control it. 

"Yes, she was..." Zelda said, she looked down, she didn't want Layla to see her vulnerable.

Layla went in for a hug, and Zelda surprisingly accepted the hug.

She probably hadn't gotten much affection after she ran away from the castle. She was probably very lonely.

Zelda broke the hug. "We should go."

"Agree"

After packing everything up, Zelda jumped on the horse. She reached out a hand for Layla. Layla accepted the offer and climbed the horse. She sat behind Zelda

What about Baxter? Layla asked. she could not leave him behind.

"He can run, can't he?"

"I suppose so, but he needs breaks." She felt kind of bad for Baxter.

"Okay, I will make sure of that," Zelda said

I think she really likes Baxter. She would take good care of him when Layla was tied up. 

Layla could smell the scent of Zelda. Is smelt amazing, she could never get tired of that smell. It was honestly heavenly and relaxing.

After a few hours of riding the horse, they stopped. There were much more of an open land than there were a few hours ago.

The open land was mostly flat and covered in blue and purple flowers. It was also some small lakes with turquoise colored water around. It was beautiful to look at. Far away were big mountains. It was sunny and warm, warmer than before.

Both of them got off the horse, they looked north to where the mountains where.

"Are we going to the mountains?" Layla asked

"Yes, we are. The 6th protector is up there, he knows we are coming."

"How?"

"I used a pigeon of course"

"Oh. That makes sense."

"Does he trust you? you are essentially the king's daughter."

"Of course he does, I am highly admired in the magic world after my "father" had put wanted poster all over the different kingdoms. Here I have one, you can see for yourself"

Zelda shows a poster. It's a drawing of her. It said, my daughter, Zelda is a witch, whoever finds her, dead or alive will get a chest full of gold. Layla could see Zelda's face in the poster, but those posters were not always accurate. 

"I can't believe your own father would do that. How dare he!

"I don't want to talk about my father anymore. We should go."

"Wait! "

Zelda stopped and looked back at Layla

"What is it now?" She said with an annoyance in her voice

"Don't talk to me in that tone Zelda! Can we please take a break, my bottom really hurts after sitting on that horse for hours, and Baxter is probably exhausted too."

"Okay, but only for 20 minutes."

Deal. Layla said with a smile