Chapter Three ~*~

“Claire, are you still at school?” I said into my phone, trying to hide my annoyance. One thing you don’t ever want to do is get snappy with Claire.

“Yes, let me guess, you need a ride?

I could feel her staring down at me with ‘You’re extremely lazy, you know that right?’ eyes.

“I love you Claire,” I laughed.

“Meet me in the parking lot by the mural that you spray painted junior year,” she sighed.

The line clicked and I sighed with relief, sliding my phone in my pocket.

I remembered the mural Claire was talking about. It was ugly before I got my hands on it. It had a big friendly tiger on it. I didn’t think it was scary enough so I made Claire spend the night with me and we snuck out with cans of UN washable spray paint, so it would be on forever.

Let’s just say after we were done with it the tiger didn’t look so friendly. It had red blood dripping from its teeth and it was snarling. There was a big red banner of blood dripping black words, which were the other schools. I signed it with my name and got suspended for 12 weeks. My dad made me take an online class so I wouldn’t fail junior year.

It was so worth it.

I walked into the parking lot and surveyed the mural. My art was still there, as if it was just painted yesterday. That spray paint was the best. They didn’t even try to patch it up because secretly they liked it, and when we had home games it really frightened the other teams.

I saw Claire and Matt sucking face against the wall, kind of by were I signed my name. I rushed over there giggling.

“Keys please!” I yelled, smirking.

Claire rolled her eyes and broke away from Matt, fishing keys out of her pocket.

I skipped to her new car and they went back to saying their long good bye.

I opened the door and sat down, blasting the stereo.

I sat in the car annoyed with this Tyler. He was really getting on my last nerve.

I just realized why Claire was so soon to say yes to give me a ride. I sat froze, my eyes going big with horror.

Of course she instantly agreed which I was thankful for but she agreed because she wanted every little detail about us, and what we were going to name our future kid. What future kid? Defiantly not one with him, with someone full of danger. Or someone who is just shy, and no. What am I thinking?

I already promised myself I wouldn't be dating anymore in high school.

Claire got in the car after saying bye to Matt and getting a kiss in the rain. She gushed about it as she turned out of the parking lot.

It was her first kiss in the rain and she was bouncing with excitement.

For a while it was just us being silent, and the radio blaring.

I prayed she would just forget about him, but it was kind of hard to.

Suddenly it was turned off. I cursed under my breath.

'' So what's going on between you and Tyler, don't lie to me Vee,'' she said, taking her eyes off the road to look at me.

So she must have either heard the rumors or observed herself.

Rumors always go around my school pretty fast.

There was really nothing to observe though, he was just trying to get me, and I was pushing him away.

'' Nothing, I promise Claire,'' I said, looking out the window at the rain drops.

She started talking again but I just tried to ignore her, but after her fifteenth time asking the same question I gave in.

"No, Claire there is nothing going on between us," I told her for what seemed like the hundredth time. I got bored with our conversation a long time ago so now I was staring out the window, looking at the rain drops falling from the sky.

"Don't even lie to me Violet Nicole Evergreen!" She said with a smirk.

I wasn't lying to her though, I think. I still wasn't sure if I had feelings for him or not, and if it was even like feelings. They could be hate feelings. It was too soon to tell though, thankfully.

"I'm not lying Claire, Promise," I promised, knowing she could see right through me if I even attempted lying.

"What did he want you for after school, then?" She questioned, good old Claire, always trying to be the detective.

"He asked me if I wanted him to walk me home," I said, slightly bored, slightly infuriated, slightly wanting to stick my head out of the window and get a drink of rain water.

"Oh! My! Gosh!" she shrieked. "He is so into you! You know what happens when a boy and girl are walking in the rain right?" She kept blabbering on and after while I shut her out, staring at the rain pouring down my window, again. I decided to go on with my rain plan.

I rolled down the window, sticking my tongue out as beads of rain feel onto it, yummy and gross I thought, climbing back inside the car, rolling my window up.

I was already drenched. But I loved rain, so I didn’t mind.

'' You are so weird,'' Claire said disapprovingly, searching me up and down with her steady eyes.

Water started dripping down my face and I grinned.

I loved standing or being in the rain.

'' But do you like him, it doesn't have to be a lot, maybe even just a tiny bit,'' she said, her last attempt to get through to me.

I sat there and thought about it. Really thought about it a lot.

He did seem interested in me, but it could just be because I was the first girl he saw.

He was really good looking, and hey everyone likes good looking people.

He had an attitude that reminded me of my mom, and that was good to, since she was dead. It was something about her attitude that light up a room, and he had it too.

He also kept trying to get me, but that might stop soon if I kept rejecting him.

So I guess I could be developing feelings for him, but it was too soon to tell.

It was time to tell Claire and deal with the consequences, no matter how harsh and or severe they were going to be.

I sighed, and she smiled, knowing I was about to speak.

She finally was going to get what she wanted. Goodie for her.

''I don’t know Claire. I could end up liking him, but it’s too soon to tell.'' I admitted, preparing for the speech.

This was about to get scary, and by scary, I mean terrifying.