I

CARLA WAS NOT A MORNING PERSON. That much was obvious to anyone who saw her before she had consumed her morning coffee, dragging her feet around the house, scowling at everyone and everything.

     So, when Carla woke up at seven o'clock in the morning, she was in a bad mood.

     At first, she was disorientated, not realising that the slightly bumpy bed she was sleeping in was Klaus's, in his childhood home, and she was staying in a house with the rest of the Umbrella Academy.

     The above information did not put her in any better spirits.

     She picked up her Walkman, sliding in her 'Time To Wake The Fuck Up' mixtape, and putting the headphones over her ears, making her way downstairs dressed in a Metallica top she stole from Klaus the day he bought (or to be more accurate, stole) it, and some sweats.

     Her rubber gloves were still on, hair pulled into a loose plait, and she had her favourite pair of socks on, enabling her to slide on the polished floor as much as she pleased.

     'Blame It On the Boogie'  started playing, and Carla began dancing in time to the beat, pretty sure she was only one awake in the house. 

     Don't blame it on the sunshine!

     Carla stretched both arms above her head, striding down the hall in time, dramatically mouthing the lyrics.

     Don't blame it on the moonlight!

     She did a small spin as she reached the stairs, before sliding down the smooth and curved banister.

      Don't blame it on the good times!

      Landing neatly, Carla broke out her best disco moves, pretending she was in a music video of some sorts.

     Blame it on the boogie!

     She did a smooth slide towards the kitchen, arms stretched and everything, before crossing her legs at the ankle and spinning around.

     "Klaus?" Carla called, upon hearing a bang that was loud enough to cut through her music, and she took off her earphones, walking into the sitting room to see him in a pile on the floor, tangled up in his coat.

     He looked up at her, grinning widely, "Good morning, Carla!"

     "What the fuck, Klaus?" Carla asked wearily, dragging a hand down her face, all her previous energy seemingly sapped from her at the sight of her friend.

     "So, fun story: you know that box you helped me find and that I sold for money?" Klaus asked cheerily, mild panic in his eyes.

     The teen looked at him, already knowing Klaus was going to tell her some bad news, "Oh no."

     "It turns out it was priceless!" he clapped his hands together, clambering to his feet and pulling his coat on properly, "And the stuff inside, that I threw into the trash, was pretty fucking important!"

     There was a long silence, before Carla turned on her heel, walking to the kitchen, "It's too fucking early for this."

     Five teleported into the large hallway of the manor, before walking around in hopes to find Klaus.

     He peered into the kitchen, to see a familiar red-haired figure pouring the contents of a small pack of sugar into her mouth. Carla snapped her mouth shut, chewing once before swallowing thickly, and throwing the sugar packet into the trash can.

     "That's bad for you, you know," Five said, and Carla whirled around to face him, before rolling her eyes.

     "Oh please. If I can't get a fucking coffee around here, at least let me have a sugar fix to wake me up," she took a step towards him, eyeing him warily, "What can I do for you, Five?"