000.

Tez Reneé Carter.

"When you comin' home, baby?" I asked, pressing my hand against the glass keeping me and Sean apart

"I don't even know, Tezzie. But, I miss you so much baby. And I promise when I get out, I'll do right by you." He said.

The lies.

"Mmhm." I shook my head, chuckling.

"What? Youn' believe me?" He asked.

"Honestly, nah. Cause you say this shit every time you get locked up." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"Baby, I promise." He sighed, looking at me.

"I believe you." I lied.

It fell silent for a minute. He did this shit every time he went to jail. He'd promise me that'd he would do everything right this time, and then he'd cheat on me with some random ass girl.

And me being me, I'd lose my cool and shoot a bitch. Again.

"Life." He said.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"They wanna give me life with no chance of parole." He looked up.

"Life?! How do they know you had anything to do with this man's murder?!" I cried.

"They don't. I'm not guilty, I promise." He sighed.

"But, the evid-," I was cut off by the officer.

"Inmate, your time is up." The correctional officer spoke.

"Ight. I love you." He said, pressing the glass with his hand on mine.

"Love you too." I could feel my eyes watering as he backed away, getting locked into the cuffs.

Then, he slowly made his way out of my sight with the guards as the took him away from the phones.

I placed my sunglasses over my face, and made my way outside of the prison's heavily guarded doors.

I got inside of the car, and looked over at Sevyn.

"Did you do it, girl?" She asked me.

"I... couldn't." I sighed.

"What? Why not?" She asked, shaking me.

"I can't just break up with him why he's behind bars, Sev! It ain't easy. Seeing him like that... unable to hold him, and all these other things. I cannot just leave him rotting in that mothafuckin' cell!" I yelled, bawling my eyes out.

"But you said,-" I stopped her.

"I know what the fuck I said! They want to give him life. I can't leave him right now when he's at his lowest! I'm all he got." I shook my head, pulling away from the prison.