001.

Tez Reneé Carter.

I stepped inside the party, causing hella dirty looks from females, and some stares from random ass niggas

"The fuck y'all lookin' at?" I said, walking past them as I made my way to the kitchen.

I really didn't wanna be here, especially after Sev pissed me off after Sean's little jail visit.

I grabbed me a cup and filled it up with Hennessy to the brim, before downing it like it was water.

"Goddamn, girl." Emerged a deep voice.

I turned to come face to face with a brown skin boy, dents in his forehead and his diamond teeth were the first thing that took me be surprise.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You out here drinkin' like that, make me wonder what else you can take." He smirked.

"Real cute." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm Kentrell. But, I go by YB." He said, leaning against the counter near me.

"That's nice to know." I smirked.

"Don't be like that, girl." His accent thickened.

If Sean was here, he'd break my fucking neck. But, it ain't like we fucking or anything.

Just casual conversation.

"Okay, okay. I'm Tez." I smiled.

"Tez. I like that." He smiled.

Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of gunfire ringing out in the party, making Kentrell grab me and rush me out the doors as everybody tried to do the same.

"Wait! My friend is in there!" I yelled, still running beside Kentrell to his car, I'm assuming.

"Fuck that righ' now, you wanna get shot?" He stopped once we reached a black Escalade.

I panted, my hands on my knees. How did that happen so fast?

My phone popped up with a text, from Sev, assuring me that she was okay, and asking where I was.

"Say, you want me to take you home?" He asked, snapping me back into reality.

"Yeah, that's fine." I said.

"Hop in." He said, unlocking the doors.

I got inside and leaned back in my seat, sighing. For whatever reason, I felt like I was being watched.

But I shrugged it off.

"You good, Tez?" He asked me, putting some music on and typing my address into his GPS.

"Yeah." I looked at him, smiling softly.

"Told me you love me, but obviously you don't." I sang along.

"Girl, that's me you singin'." He chuckled.

"I know. I know who you are, boy." I chuckled.

"Surprised you ain't act like these other bitches. All starstruck and shit." He chuckled.

"I don't really care for fame. And since yo' career getting bigger, why the hell you in Louisiana at a damn house party?" I asked, looking over at him.

"I wanted to be home and forget the fame for a lil bit. Wanted to be reminded of how it was before all that shit." He said, turning the music down.

"Hmm." I shortly responded, looking at him.

After a while, he finally pulled into my driveway.

"Well, this is me." I smiled, opening mg door.

"Damn, I can't get the number?" He chuckled, holding his phone.

"Huh." I said, grabbing his phone and typing it inside.

I closed the car door behind me.

"I'll hit yo' cell." He called out before pulling off.

I made my way inside the house, and kicked off my shoes.

I had a missed call from the cell phone that Sean had in jail. And I felt horrible because I missed it, so I called back.

After a few rings, I finally got a answer.

"Hey, baby." I sighed.

"Don't 'hEy bAbY' me, why the fuck you ain't answer the phone?" He said, with an attitude.

"I was at a party, with Sev." I stated, rolling my eyes.

"What nigga was in yo' face?" He asked.

"Boy, what the fuck you talkin' bout?" I asked.

"Tez, I got ears and eyes everywhere. Don't get fucked up." He spoke into the phone, and hung up.

I sighed as I tossed my phone on the dresser and shut my eyes.

It was gonna be real hard to be around Kentrell now.