Chapter 11

April P.O.V

-

-

Ho- he just. Wow I just can't wrap my mind around things. I needed the pain to go away.

I went into Mary's bathroom knowing she had a a razor to shave her legs somewhere. I finally found a pink razor on a shower ledge. I took the razor out with ease since I've done it many times before.

I took the razor back into Mary's room and sat on the floor. I started with my wrists, light little slashes everywhere. I moved onto my thigh writing 'freak' in big bloody letters. Then all of a sudden there was a creak and the door opened.

___________________________

Ashton's P.O.V

-

-

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. April was sitting there cutting.

"April don't do it again."

"Why?! No one cares anymore!"

"Don't say that honey," I say scooping her up and holding her bridal style, " why don't we go home?"

"Okay."

••

••

When we got home I cleaned her cuts. I put her into my bed.

"Ashton come lay with me."

"Okay hold on."

I changed into some sweats and took my shirt off.

I put my arm around her waist and she fell asleep on my chest. I stayed up thinking.

She was the most beautiful thing in the world, how could she be hurt? I mean hurt enough to cut herself. It breaks

my heart every time the image comes flooding back into my mind. Seeing her sitting there and just slashing at her thighs and wrists. What or who made her do this? There was only one answer.

Jake.