chapter five 💰

JDRO

JUNE 21st, 2018

JUNE 21st, 2018

It had been three days since Amora was shot. Stokeley was continuously losing his shit, and Bentley flew in.

Stokeley was more torn up about the whole situation than Bentley. We still haven't told him about the pregnancy, not knowing if it's Stokeleys or not.

The Gynecologist was constantly giving us updates. She kept saying babies instead of babies but we think she was just messing up.

"Fuck is you doing in her room Jah, it's five in the morning." Craig walked in with a bag of food and a drink. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, "Bentley took Storm back to his hotel and Stokeley is out doing god knows what."

As he sat down next to me i looked at Amora and watched her chest rise and fall, she still hadn't woken up.

My fans had been going out of their minds because we have yet to speak on the topic, I'm waiting to hear her voice.

Amora had become my life line, the reason i was still alive. All i wanted to do was protect her, but i couldn't even do that.

"Stop beating yourself up, Jah." Craig mumbled as he ate his bagel, "If it was me, she would be okay by now."

He shook his head, "But you wouldn't."

We gave each other a look before Stokeley and Bentley entered the room. There was an awkward energy in the room, and i knew it was because Bentley probably knew something was up.

"I spoke with the doctor." Bentley cleared his throat and sat down in the chair next to Amora. He was rubbing his hands together and a tear rolled down his cheek, "They don't think she's going to wake up."

That was a shot in the chest. I watched as Stokeley took his last breath of fresh air.

"What about Storm?" Stoke asked and Bentley groaned, "I don't even care right now—"

I frowned and Craig jumped up, "Watch your fuckin mouth you bum ass—"

Stokeley shot up and was about to hit Bentley, but Amora started crashing.

She flatlined and we all began panicking and attempting to bring as many nurses to the room as possible.

Amora was not dying. She can't. She was still so young and not to mention she would be leaving her daughter behind in a world that is scary to imagine without a mother.

Bentley had left the hospital and Stokeley was a mess.

An hour went by and the doctor had finally come to us with an update, "As a medical professional this never gets easier, and it's hard to hear, but we do not believe that she will wake up."

Stokeley had absorbed those words like a bullet. He stumbled backwards and he exhaled, "What does that mean?"

She cleared her throat and showed us her chart, "Her organs are failing one by one very slowly. At this point keeping her hooked up to a machine is torture. She's a vegetable."

Stokeley shook his head, "You have to find some way to wake her up—Our daughter needs her—" He stood and his eyes began to water, "I spent the last two years of my life with someone else when i could have been with Amora and raising our daughter."

"What about the baby?" I asked softly and the doctor sighed, "It's very rare for a fetus to survive in a brain dead patient for more than 2 weeks. Keeping her alive for the baby would mean we would have to manually do the things her body should naturally do."

That was the moment Stokeley couldn't hold it in anymore. He bursted out into tears and i engulfed him in a hug. The doctor had given us time to process said news.

He sobbed onto my shoulder and my heart broke for him. It was us against the world.

"It should have been me, Jah." Stokeley mumbled while crying and i sighed, "If i had saw it coming—"

"No, i should have gone with you. I should have gotten robbed." Stokeley pulled back and wiped his eyes, "All i ever wanted to do was love her, but i couldn't. The last time we talked we argued, and screamed at each other. Is that how she'll remember me?"

His eyes started to well up with tears and i was about to speak when he started crying again.

"The last memory is of me being a dick. She died alone." Stokeley shook his head and I hugged him again, "She loved you, and she died with me, Stoke. She was in my arms. She was loved. She loved you."

He grabbed onto my shirt and held me tight as we cried together and mourned the loss of the best person we had ever met.

"And my unborn child—" Stokeley had grown weak in the knees and i was his only support, "My babygirl—Amora—How could i let this happen—"

His words made me cry a little more because if i was paying attention, this wouldn't have happened.

Everything had become silent. We had all just stopped talking and stopped making noise, almost as if we felt something.

All of the sudden, we hear gagging and coughing coming from her room.

Stokeley jumped away from me and ran into her room. His eyes lit up as he stopped in front of the door, "Get a fucking doctor—"

I ran into the room as Craig went to grab her doctor. Amora sat wide away rejecting the intubation.

And once the doctor removed it, she was smiling. She was back.

Whoever was up in the sky had heard us, and blessed us with another chance to make things right with her.

"I love you so fucking much Amora—" Stokeley cried and pecked her head, "Ion wanna lose you baby. You are the best—"

All of the sudden, Bentley bursts into the room completely cutting Stokeley off, "Amora baby—" He smiled and walked towards her, "Welcome back baby. They said you weren't gonna make it. Just wait. When you're all healed up we'll get married and start our own little family."

The expression on her face was not happy. She was more so confused, and upset rather than the feeling of happiness after her boyfriend just proposed to her.

"Bentley can you leave so we can talk to her?" I asked kindly and he nodded, "Sure but make it quick."

And as he left i gave Stokeley the nod.

He cleared his throat, "Amora... you're pregnant. Four weeks."