chapter six 🐍

CHAPTER SIX

AJX

"Now why would you tell her that shit as soon as she wakes up—" Jahseh deadpanned and Stokeley smiled and waved at me, "Hi baby."

I smiled as much as i could. My body was in pain. I wasn't able to use my left arm. And from what I've collected in my last ten minutes of being conscious... Bentley proposed, and I'm pregnant.

"He's fine Jah." I squeaked out. How long had i been asleep?

All of the sudden Bentley walks in confused, "Who the fuck is Hermès?"

My heart dropped and in walked the last person i loved before Stokeley.

He had grown up a lot and had gotten a shit ton of tattoos, "Amora. Fuck i tell you about being out without me?" He smiled and i laughed, "Hi, Mes."

Jahseh laughed, "Shorty got a thing for exotic names." I rolled my eyes playfully as Hermès walked over to me and sat on my bed, "I came as soon as i heard. How's you and ya lil baby doin?"

My heart sunk and i glanced at Stokeley, "Where's Storm?" He frowned, "Craig has her. You wanna see her mamas?"

I nodded and my eyes started to water. Hermès pouted, "I ain't mean to make you cry baby."

Stokeley coughed, "Fuck you just call her?" Hermès glanced back, "This been my luh baby since middle school g. Back up—"

"She not y'all baby no more. She my soon-to-be wifey—" Bentley grinned and my chest started rising and falling at a rapid pace but then Craig walked in with Storm and the doctor.

Storm grinned as soon as she saw me and once i had her in my arms i knew i would be okay.

"Congratulations, Miss. Xerxes. You're about four weeks along." The Doctor handed me an early ultrasound and my eyes grew wide because Bentley stood right next to my bed. His eyes had begun to water and he smiled, "We have our little family started, Amora. Just us."

Stokeley was silent and my eyes started to water. I hadn't been faithful. I wanted to hide it and keep it a secret. We only did it once and i felt horrible after.

Everyone had grown silent, and he must have noticed the awkward silence, "Why aren't you happy, baby?"

"That ain't yo seed g." Hermès mumbled and Bentley laughed, "That's funny. Who kid is it then?"

Bentley turned to Stokeley, and before Stoke could speak, Hermès stood up, "No cap it's mine. She hit me up the first night she came back. Said you was fucking around with some bitch named Malia. So i planted my seed in her. Fuck you gon do?"

And without a word he walked out. No turning back.

"Nah but for real, who kid is it?" Stokeley mumbled and i smacked the back of his head, "You know damn well."

All of the sudden Craig walked towards me with Amora in his arms. My heart had swelled and she was the only person i wanted to see.

"Someone must have figured out she was pregnant." Stoke told Jahseh as we all sat together. Hermès frowned, "Ion want Storm around y'all if you risking their lives."

Stokeley frowned, "Nobody even knows who the fuck yo weird ass is. Back the fuck up." Hermès raised his eyebrows and i groaned, "Mes is my best friend. He has been since middle school."

"Imma say it again. Shorty. Ain't. Staying. With. Y'all." Hermès held his hands together, "Storm was almost left without the most important person in her life. I fought her granddaddy for trynna keep her ina hood. Don't play wit me."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not ripping her from her father—"

Hermès shrugged, "Oh fuckin well. He gon deal with it until he gets outta the shit he's in."

Jahseh sighed and rested his head in his hands, "They ain't think she was Stokeleys baby mama. They thought she was mine. Carrying my seed."

I had gotten quick flashbacks, causing me to hold onto Storm tighter than usual.

The guns, their hands all over my body.

It made sense why they put most of the bullets in my stomach.

"Jahseh you can't blame yourself." I told him and he shook his head, "It's my fault. Stokeley won't be able to see his daughter, i won't be able to see you."

I pouted and wished i could get up to hug him, "Jah, look at me—" I waited until his eyes locked with mine, "You didn't do anything wrong."

His eyes started to water and Stokeley took Storm so i could sit up, "Come here."

And he stood up slowly, but collapsed into my arms. He started immediately crying, "It's not your fault baby."

Him crying had almost forced me to tears, and eventually it did, "It should have been me. You have to go through this pain and stress when i could have just disappeared—"

The tears were heavy at this point, everyone in the room had begun crying except Hermès desensitized ass.

"I couldn't make it on this earth without you, Jah. You're the sole purpose as to why I'm alive and to why i haven't failed. You are the person i look to for advice and you're the only person who has cared about me for so long." I forced him to look at me, "Living on this earth without you would be hell. Existing without you would be the most painful thing I'd have to do everyday. Your kindness, your smile, your laugh, everything about you has changed so many lives. If it had been you, the world would have stopped. People would have collapsed."

All of the boys had gotten up and hugged Jahseh.

I hated that he felt guilty.

I wanted to hug him. It felt as if he was out of reach, or that I'd never be able to touch him or hug him again. It felt like as if these were our last spoken words.

"I fucking love you." I choked out. And i turned to Stokeley, scared, "Take care of him. Take care of her."

And with that, everything turned dark. For good.

HERMÈS LANGSTON

HERMÈS LANGSTON