Blood

Percy's POV:

Percy uncapped his pen, and Riptide grew into his hand. While another sword materialized into his other hand. Black Ice, an exact replica of Anaklusmos; while not truly black it was virtually transparent. The sword was made up of hardened water from the River Styx, with a thin coating of glazed ice around it. It was practically indestructible as the thin layer of time around it was permanently stopped. Since it contained water from the River Styx, one touch and the blade would sever the soul from the mortal's body. Sadly, it wouldn't have same effect on immortals. ( A/N: How's the blade? )

With the help of a spark of fire, Percy lit Riptide on fire, while Black Ice was crackling with electricity.

Percy advanced slowly towards Tartarus and thrust his swords towards him. Tartarus raised his scythe.

As their weapons met, the air charged with ozone. Tartarus flicked his arm and a wall of force slammed into Percy and he sailed backward about three hundred yards and smashed into the ground. If not for his invulnerability, he probably would have broken every bone in his body.

YIELD! Tartarus thundered.

Percy got to his feet, groaning. "I will not."

He raised Black Ice, arcs of electricity dancing upon the blade and blasted Tartarus on the chest. The winds raged up. A hurricane formed around him as he ran toward Tartarus. Time slowed down. Half leaping, half running, Percy landed a kick on the god's stomach even before the god realized what was happening.

Tartarus stumbled backwards, a little surprised. Percy reached up to the god and slashed Riptide on his shoulder effectively leaving a deep gash as he simultaneously slammed the side of the face of the god with Black Ice, successively electrocuting him once again. ( A/N: Tartarus is not affected by fire. ) Silver ichor ran down his jaw. He growled, apparently more annoyed than hurt. Effectively breaking the spell of time, he swirled his scythe in his hands and sliced downwards, but Percy got out of the way in time.

You cannot kill me! Tartarus bellowed. I am the Pit itself. You might as well try to kill the earth. Gaea and I—we are eternal. He brought down his massive fist on Percy, but Percy sidestepped. Tartarus swung his scythe again. Percy intercepted the blow with both of his swords, but the strike was so powerful, he flew backward and crashed on the ground.

You'll die painfully, filthy demigod, said the god of the Pit, You are nothing to me. I will make you live all your fears, it will be so intense that it will drive you insane. And then I will burn your soul slowly.

A ball of dark energy flew from the hands of Tartarus and made its way towards him. Percy braced himself for the impact, but the blow never came. Instead, he was pushed out of the way of the ball of energy, as it struck Iapetus in his chest. The Titan wailed in agony, Percy waved his hand and the god of the Pit froze in time. He ran towards the black rocks where Iapetus had fallen.

Percy was stiff with grief, tears streamed down his cheeks. Iapetus lay in his arms. The Titan was still breathing, his eyes were open. But they were full of pain, suffering and fear.

The Titan looked into Percy's eye, and some kind of understanding passed between them.

"Perseus, my friend." Iapetus murmured. "I'll finally get some rest at last. End my sufferings for now. Until then, my friend, tell the sun and the stars hello for me. And be strong. When you will release me, you will inherit my powers. Use them wisely."

A tear trickled down Percy's cheek. "I'll remember you Titan of Mortality, as the best Titan ever. I'll keep your story alive. Someday, you will regenerate. We will meet once again my friend." Percy put his hand on the Titan's shoulder and muttered a few words in Ancient Greek. The Titan's form shimmered as if he were made of Mist, and dissolved into wisps of energy.