the star.

dying and death was normal. one's last breath is be normal. the light of one's soul and the words that never made past one's lips were normal. and most importantly, the dead was normal.

it had only been a concern when they started coming back.

the grey, rotting apartments begun to refill with life that wasn't really alive. the bitter, bitter smiles came back to where they had grown. where they had grown like mold on the walls and the holes behind the wallpaper.

god, the dead was fine. the living was not.

the lonesome star—surrounded by whiskey clouds and paris green skies—i stare at outside my window has become even more lonely when the dead started to come back.

the star felt like empty parking lots in summer evenings where they were occupied by only me and a rusty shopping cart from a store that shut down years ago. it made me forget about the plates and bottles on the floor, the secrets under the floor boards, the inexplicable knocking on the other side of my wall. the star was the gateway for blissful ignorance to the unsettling moments of the mundane.

and god, i did not fear the dead, for i was just that all on my own.

their clothes were clean without a wrinkle in sight. theor eyes didn't look like they were tired and in fact, there was not a single eye bag on them. that was not what a person in this city would look like. see, they didn't like you and me. they looked like strangers you would see on the street with painted on smiles and acrylic eyes.

it was only until that paint had chipped and i saw right through them. some would say they are jaded, some would say broken, some would say there, but not there. i had said that they were all three.

they were things that were broken down and put back together again wrong. they were crooked and wicked and all things between, but you wouldn't notice it at first unless they did something wrong. they are the reason for stolen shadows and lies caught between stained teeth.

they knock. once. twice. never three times. come on, taeyong. talk to us. they do not do anything but knock on my walls. this star cannot keep you company forever. talk to us, taeyong. and even then, just that is already too much.

because of them, i will never see that star again.

NOTES THANK YOU FOR 1K I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH I DNT KNOW WHY ANY OF YOU R READIGN THIS WHEN IT DOESNT MAKW ANY FUCKING SENSE MWAH