Chapter 7- [First Flight Part Two]

After pushing the aircraft away from the gate, Alex started the engines. Once the engines were up and running, we finally began taxiing to the runway. During this leg of the flight, I ran the radios as Alex took control of the aircraft.

We taxied for over twenty minutes before getting to the end of the runway. As we got the clearance to take off, we began to line the aircraft up on the runway. A few seconds later, Alex looked at me and asked, "Are you ready?" I nodded my head yes.

Alex placed her hands on the throttle. She didn't do anything for a few seconds till she looked at me. "Skyler, both pilots need their hands on the throttle during take-off." I then grabbed my left hand and placed it over Alex's hand. When I put my hand over hers, she began to move the throttle forward.

The aircraft started to accelerate at high speed as the engines began to roar. I still had my hand over hers. Her hands were smaller than mine and were very cold. I noticed her hand started to become warm. Alex started to pitch the aircraft forward, as it began to gain altitude.

Alex then let go of my hand, as she retracted the landing gear with her hand. I still had my hands on the throttle. After she retracted the landing gear, she continued to put her hands over mine, as I held the throttle.

We weren't supposed to have our hands on the throttle for this long, but I just loved this moment. When her hands were over mine, I felt a deep connection between the two, that was indescribable.

After holding hands for a few minutes, Alex took her hands off of mine. I then place my hands over my lap. Alex turned to her left and began to start at me a smile. I then smiled back at her. Alex stared at me for a few minutes and began to talk.

"Hey Skyler, how was my takeoff?"

I nodded my head yes. "Your take off was amazing Alex!"

She smiled. "Thanks, Skyler, Let's see you do better later."

A few minutes, and she started to talk again.

"So, tell me about yourself, Skyler. How many siblings do you have?"

"I have two sisters."

"That's nice. I wish I had sisters. I have two brothers myself".

"That's awesome. How was that like?" I asked Alex.

"It was amazing actually. The thing is, I could be a tomboy myself. I did a lot of things with my brothers. Something you wouldn't expect from me is my love for video games".

I already knew that because I saw all of her video games in her room.

"That's cool. I didn't expect that at all from you."

Alex giggled. "Thanks, Skyler. Do you like video games?"

I nodded my head yes, "I've played a few games in my day. Not too many, but I did a little."

"What kinds of games did you play Skyler?"

"A little bit of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Maybe a little bit of Grand Theft Auto. Those boring games".

"Boo!" Alex exclaimed.

"You and I, Call of Duty. If you don't know how to play, then it's your loss, Skyler."

I started to laugh. After our conversation, the aircraft began to shake side to side. Alex reached up to turn on the fasten seat belt sign and started talking through the PA system.

"Ladies and Gentlemen from the flight deck. We apologize for the turbulence. We've hit a small air pocket, but don't worry; we are rising to a higher altitude to avoid this from happening again. For security, I turned the fasten seat belt signs back on. Please refrain from moving around the cabin, until I turn them back off."