Chapter 2 [Graduation]

It is graduation morning. I woke up feeling well rested than I have been, in the last three months. I opened my eyes to Keira laying on my chest. I stared at Kiera for a few minutes, before I got out of bed to use the restroom. I didn't want to go because I loved how Kiera was laying on me, but my bladder couldn't hold it.

I tapped on Keira's shoulder as her eyes started to open. "Hey, I need to use the bathroom really quick; do you mind?" She begins to move away and continues to sleep in my bed. After using the bathroom, I went back to bed. Even though I was awake, I still wanted to lay next to Keira.

As I lay in bed, I moved my body toward's her body. After moving towards her, Keira turns around and puts her arm over me. He face was right beside mine. Since her lips were close by, I decided to give her a quick kiss. After kissing her, she kisses me again and begins to smile with her eyes closed. For some reason, Keira was pretending to be asleep when she wasn't.

After a few minutes of holding her, she begins to wake up.

"Good morning sunshine!" As I smile at her.

Keira turns around and looks at me back.

"Good morning Skyler!" As she kisses me on the lips.

After she stood up, she continued to lay her head on mine. Seconds later, my alarm goes off. It was 07:30 in the morning. We both rushed out of bed. Skyler walked towards the door and turned around.

"I had a great night Skyler. I wish we could continue this." Keira begins to be in a gloomy mood. I approached her by the door and kissed her on the cheek.

"Keira, we could make this work, if we gave it a shot."

"But we are both moving to two different cities. You'll be in Seattle, and I will be in Chicago. As a brand new pilot, will you have the time to visit me? I don't know if I will have the time to visit you. We're both going to be busy, flying to different cities each day. Do you think you can handle a long distance relationship as pilot's that travels to different parts of the country each day?"

I thought for a few minutes before Keira interrupted me, "See, you don't think this will work either. Skyler, if we ever move to the same city, I would like to try then, I'm sorry". Keira walked away and closed the door.

After Keira left my room, I hopped into the shower. I had my phone playing music from Spotify. All of a sudden, Put Your Head On My Shoulder came on the radio. As I heard the song, I immediately jumped out of the shower and skipped the song.

Once I finished taking a shower. I put my uniform on again, for the last time. Placed gel in my hair, and styled it. I brushed my teeth and sprayed some cologne on myself. After getting ready for the graduation ceremony, I walked downstairs to the shuttle stop.

After waiting at the shuttle stop, Keira walked up behind me and gave me a big hug. I turned around after she gave me one of the best hugs's ever. "I am sorry about leaving your room like that earlier. I shouldn't have been so rude."

I replied, 'Don't worry about it Keira. Let's pretend last night didn't happen.

Keira gave me another hug. "I wish we've started this earlier. I am so stupid."

"No, no, don't say that Keira! You are not stupid. You did the right thing. If we've would have gone out during training, we could have been distracted. You or I or both wouldn't have passed the test. I think it's a good thing waiting until now, but it's just bad timing."

Keira nodded her head, yes, and the bus arrived. Keira and I still sat next to each other on the bus. I had my hands over my knees. During the ride, Keira grabbed held on to my hand for the remainder of the drive.