Not just a piece in there games (a hungergames One Direction fanfic)

A/N So hey im lauren! and this is my first fancfic:D please don't write anything bad please:L I decided to do a Hunger games one direction fanfic because I love one direction and the hunger games:D so why not put em together? Anyway hope you like:D

THE HUNGER GAMES ONE DIRECTION Chapter 1 –Happy Hunger Games

The sun sweeps through the window and shines on my face, I cringe at the sudden change of light. I stare at the ceiling, enjoying the silence except the heavy breathing from the girl next to me. Today is reaping day. My first ever reaping day yet I’m not twelve I am almost 15 years old. I’ve never had to attend a reaping because I have only lived in district 7 for a year. Before, I lived in the capital. I don’t really know how these reapings work. Very rarely have I had the time to switch on the television to watch any part of the hunger games. But that suited me fine. I defiantly did not want to watch people die. How people find it entertaining is beyond me. In fact, the people I used to work for in the capital were such big hunger games fans, it sickened me.The thought of the reaping makes me feel uncomfortable, I shuffle and fidget in my bed. Rolling round onto my side I see my best friend Cassia is looking at me from her bed.

“did you sleep well?” I ask quietly, not wanted to wake any of the other girls up. The probably had trouble getting to sleep last night, most people did.

“So so and you?”

“well, thanks” I lied.

“Happy Hunger games and may the odds be ever in your favour” I cringe at the saying “oh and do you know missy it’s been exactly a year since we left the capital.”

“Good riddance, I hated that place”

“It wasn’t my favourite I’ll admit” she smiled at me.

“Why do you think the really let us go?”

She considered it a moment; I let my mind go back to that day. Me, Harry and Cass were in the kitchen I was sweeping the floor and dancing to Angel’s music, which we could hear even though she was a floor up, that is how loud she had it. “And I was like baby baby baby ohh” Angel was into this male singer someone beaver or something... I don’t know, his songs were good though. Not the point. Mr Chance our sort of boss came in with another man.

“Miss Rover is this what you were supposed to be doing, dancing?” chance shouted at me “anyway, I’ve come to talk to you three. You will not be working at this house anymore.” We looked at each other the man spoke up.

“District 7 has become very under populated we are going to move you three there.  You will leave tonight so you have 2 hours to get any belongings and say your goodbyes”

“We don’t have any belongings” I snort.

“You defiantly do not deserve to leave here you devil child” he scowled at me and I returned the favour. “You will get what you deserve though, oh don’t you worry” END OF FLASHBACK

Cassia looked at me and sighed “I have no idea. Anyway lets wake the others up we have to get ready reaping at noon.” I nodded in agreement and smiled, however something was making me worry about what chance said it and I couldn’t brush it away.

I opened my draw with all my clothes in and pulled out the nicest thing I owned a yellow summer dress. The colour was washed out a bit, to show that it has been worn many times. It was now the colour of a buttercup flower. I sighed loudly because it reminded me of home. Not district7 and defiantly not the capital but home. England. I’d never thought I’d say it but I even miss the rain. I brush through my hair and quickly tie it into a bun. I look in the cracked mirror on the wall and i’d say I looked presentable.

“wow missy, you look beautiful.” Cassia said behind me I smiled at her.

“so do you!” she did, wearing a pale blue skirt, which brought out the green in her eyes, her light brown hair rested perfectly on her shoulders.

We went down stairs for breakfast, well a piece of bread. There isn’t much food here many people are starving. I do want to help but I don’t get hardly anything as it is. Sometimes people catch squirrels or a couple of bird during work if I have enough I will give the family outside whatever I can spare.

“Good luck to all of you today I’m sure you will all be fine” miss smith smiled which we all returned politely. “Now everyone lets go” As we walked across the abandoned streets we have small talk. The reaping doesn't put people in very talkative moods.

“Hey harry guess what we’ve been out the capital for a year today”

“Thank god were gone” he replied causing us to laugh

As we get there I join my age group and nervously wait. Clarity bond, the distict escort, bounces onto the stage extremely happy that she is about to decide the fate of children’s lives and happiness of others. “As you know this is the 5th quarter quell and 5 children will be reaped from each district so 60 tributes! Also there will be 5 winners! Happy hunger games and may the odd be ever in your favour!”  There is a long pause before she calls out the first name “Archie Farewell!” there is gasp from the crowd and a someone cries out a 17 year old boy comes out. The second slip is pulled out “Harry styles!” I freeze unable to move I go to move to shout out or something, but the 3rd name is called “Misty Rover” oh god no! I'm grabbed by two peacekeepers and get shoved on the stage vicously. Clarity smiles at me before pulling another slip “Victoria Ellis" a 15 year old emerged from the crowd. face full of fear.

. I could see she was trying not to cry. The final Name is called “Cassia white. Please give a hand for district7s 5 tributes!” How? Chances voice rang through my head “You will get what you deserve though, oh don’t you worry” This doesn’t seem right theres something fishy about this but before I figure it out I’m pulled off the stage to my death.

A/N so yeah that was the first chapter sorry it wasn't very exciting or good.. hopefully it will start to get better.. Hopefully... oh and if you have any ideas about the arena of things that happen in it please feel free to write it in the comments. lots of love :D