Chapter 2: The Decision

By the time both the girls had gotten to the ship, Luna was fast asleep

By the time both the girls had gotten to the ship, Luna was fast asleep. When they landed Lex had no choice but to wake Luna up. After a couple of minutes, Lex sighed and glared at Luna's sleeping figure. Unfortunately for Lex, she had the job of waking Luna up which was quickly becoming a difficult task for her. Lex tried calling her name a few times and when that did not work, she started to shake Luna. Sadly... none of them worked. Giving up on Luna, Lex moved away from her to get her own things.

"Is she always like this?" Thomas pointed at Luna's sleeping form. Lex sighed and shook her head.

"No, she's not. But I wouldn't blame her for being tired. She probably hasn't slept for a couple of days since she started her journey up the snowy mountain to our home place." Thomas gasped at Lex and looked between the sleeping girl and Lex. Thomas already knew that their place was pretty far and it was dangerous to travel. He only knew this because Lex shared some of their stories with him and where they lived. When this was happening Luna just tuned them out as she fell asleep.

"That's insane! How has she not hurt herself yet! Dear Lord." Lex shifted uncomfortably on her feet. Thomas wouldn't understand them. He wouldn't understand the difficulties they both had faced.

Shaking her head, Lex responded, "It's a bad habit of hers but I'm just happy that she is safe. " Lex looked at Luna with soft eyes as she moved to grab Luna's stuff. As Lex did that, Thomas stared at the both of him and had a thoughtful expression on his face.

"I've been meaning to ask, are you two..."

Before he could say anything, Lex cut him off. "She's my sister." Lex replied in a sharp voice which caused the man to take a step back. Lex saw this and started to apologize.

"I'm sorry. It irritates me when people assume things about our relationship with each other. I'm sure if you had a brother that was darker than you, people would assume stuff about you too."

"Oh, it's alright. I'm sorry for offending you. I did not mean to." Thomas said as he stared between the two of them.

"It's alright. Just try not to do that again when Luna is awake. Heaven only knows what she would do." Thomas nodded as he went to grab his things. Before he got to it though, he saw something hanging off from Luna's neck. He wasn't sure what it was but it looked interesting. It intrigued him. Without knowing it, he had moved closer to Luna to inspect it. As he reached out to grasp it, someone grabbed his hand startling him. Looking into narrowed forest green eyes, he gulped. Thomas didn't know what it was, but he felt a small shiver go down his back. He couldn't help but feel as if this small girl was... a dangerous force. Something deadly oozed out of her and he just froze and went extremely pale. His heart was pounding and he was starting to shake. All Thomas could do was, stare at her face until Lex spoke.

"Luna," Lex said in a stern voice, "You're scaring Dr. Thomas." At the sound of her voice, it was like a spell had broken. Blinking a couple of times, her eyes relaxed and her eyes furrowed together. She looked confused. Luna noticed that she was still holding Thomas' hand and let go of it.