Chapter 1

Hey guys!

This is my first Avengers fanfic, I hope you like it;-)

Here it goes!

******************

Angela's POV

My cell door opened to reveal a scientist with circular glasses and a white lab coat. He removed the chains that connected to my hands from the wall and lead me out into the hallway. Every inch was covered in shiny metal with other cells lining the walls. At least they were empty so people don't have to go through what I do.

The scientist led me to the same room I've been in about a thousand times already. I sit on the table like a good little prisoner/lab rat, staying quiet as the scientists talk and work. Poking and prodding me with different objects. They have me do the usual things- running on a treadmill, stay still for an MRI, test my reflexes, etc.

After what feels like hours, the same scientist who retrieved me takes me back to my cell. He chains me back to the wall as I sit on my 'bed' and takes out a syringe. He injects it into my arm and I don't even flinch during the process. It only takes minutes before sleep takes over my body.

Bang!

I awake with a start from the noise. Looking up, I see dust and metal flying past my cell door. I stand up to look down the hall as screaming and a deep voice yelling orders reaches my ears. Suddenly, a man with long blonde hair, huge muscles, and a giant hammer runs to my cell. At first, he looks at me with anger then sees my chains that hold me down and his anger shifts to sadness.

"Stand back." he warns and I back into the wall as he lifts his hammer. He makes contact with the bars and they fall, making an ear splitting sound. He walks into my cell and I try to get away from him.

"Do not be afraid. We are here to help." he said as he breaks the chains, freeing my hands from the restraints. The man picks me up bridal style and runs down the hall.

I must be dreaming! I tried to convince myself.

When the man stops running I'm faced with people fighting the scientists. There's a man in a red, white, and blue suit throwing a shield around. Next to him is a man shooting arrows, one after the other, and a women with fiery red hair fighting a scientist with her bare hands. A robot comes flying in through the hole in the roof that I'm guessing was made by the giant green guy who was currently smashing things. Finally, a man with raven black hair made ten more of him appear, confusing a scientist who was trying to attack him. The scene is all too much for me so the next thing I know, I passed out.

************

The next time I wake up I'm not in my cell like had expected. I'm in a bedroom, laying on a soft bed.

So it wasn't a dream.

I get out of the bed and walk around, I open a door to see a bathroom with a shower. The next door I open I find a small closet, but no clothes. Before I can even shut that door to open the next, it opens by itself. Then I find out the women with red hair from earlier is the one who opened it. Jumping back, she notices me.

"Hello." she greets me. I'm too scared to speak so I offer a small wave.

"I brought you some clothes to change into. You can use the bathroom to freshen up if you like." she smiled at me sweetly as she held the clothes out to me. I take them from her and return the smile.

"Thank you." I wasn't use to talking so my voice sounded small and rough.

"I'm Natasha. What's your name?"