save him, even if it means dying

A S H T O N

               Ashton watched as Axel and he stared each other down. Luke didn’t move out of Ashton’s arms. Luke shivered and Ashton set the younger behind him as he stood.

“Leave us alone, I’m so sick of you.” Ashton spat at Leo.

“What about to me?” Axel smirked, “Lukey is mine, Ashton. So hand him over or I’ll kill him in front of your eyes.”

Ashton let out a laugh, “I don’t have to do shit.”

Axel gritted his teeth, “You’re both dying tonight whether you want to or not.”

“W-We have free will.” Luke whispered.

Leo rolled his eyes, “Not after we kill you.”

Ashton let out a long sigh, taking a step forward, “Leave Luke alone, yeah?”

“No, I don’t think I will, Ashy.” Axel giggled out, walking towards his humanly form.

               Luke scurried up and stood behind Ashton, the two both wanted to save each other even if they died saving the other. Luke was determined to save Ashton, this had started with him and it would end with him. Ashton reached his hand behind him, lacing his and Luke’s fingers together behind him.

“Leave. Us. Alone.” Ashton growled.

“Nope.” Axel smirked, reaching his hand out for Ashton’s arm.

               Axel yanked Ashton’s arm, sending a fire searing through Ashton’s arm. Luke was pulled out by Leo, feeling the same fire that Ashton was. Leo was a bit weaker than Axel, Axel was Lucifer’s favorite. Ashton fell, coughing as Axel let go. Ashton scrambled away and towards Leo, hitting his leg. The doppelganger kicked Ashton back to Axel.

“Axel, don’t play with your toy just yet. You’ll have all eternity for that.”

               Leo’s hands wrapped around Luke’s neck, a searing fire still in the hands of the Doppelganger. Luke’s breathing slowed. Axel forced the older boy to watch the dying of his first love. Luke’s eyes met Ashton’s and Luke did the most unexpected thing, he smiled. Luke was in so much pain yet he… he smiled at Ashton.

Ashton let out a cry, “Luke, Luke. Fight back!” He screamed.

Luke didn’t, he only let out a small squeal, “I-I love you, Ashton Irwin.”

Ashton then smiled, “I love you, Luke Hemmings.”

               Then Luke went limp in Leo’s hands. Leo dropped his body to the floor and Axel let his human form go and sob over his loved one’s body.