confessing likings

A S H T O N

               Ashton’s eyes shot open, his eyes scanning over the demon boy talking to himself. Ashton whimpered, quietly. He tried to scoot out from under Leo’s grip shifting but that only made Leo grip on harder to him. He looked up at the seemly younger male that pinned him.

“Let me fucking go.”

Leo’s eyes snapped down at Ashton, his lip in between his teeth, “What?” He growled.

“I said, ‘let me fucking go.’” Ashton growled.

Leo let go, watching Ashton, “Oh, baby. I’m the fucking nice one of the two of the doppelgängers.

“T-There’s more?”

Leo smirked, seeing that the words he’d said effected Ashton, deeply, “Mhm. I’m Luke’s and Axel is yours.”

               Ashton scooted back, closing his eyes. The boy he met in the park. He’d heard about doppelgängers. The myth was that when you saw yours, it was a bad omen, most likely death. He whimpered, quietly, watching Leo.

“L-Luke’s going t-to die b-because he sa-w you.”

“Yeah, sweetheart. Axel is coming to see you too.”

“N-No. He’s not. You’re lying. Y-You’re just like Luke’s fucking twin or something!” Ashton sputtered out.

“In your dreams, baby.” Leo winked, “I’m Luke’s doppelgänger, princess.”

“You’re a liar!”

“Yes, I’m that too.”

“Leave me alone.”

“No.”

“Y-Yes.”

“Fine, I’ll leave you alone when Axel and Luke come.”

“N-No.”

“See, you don’t want me to leave.”

“Yes I do!”

“Fine.”

               Leo disappeared, leaving Ashton alone in his bed, heart-racing, sweat dripping from his forehead. He glanced around, hurrying to his closet and throwing things into his bag, whimpering as he thought about the previous events. Ashton’s fingers fumbled over his old binders from school. He raised an eyebrow, even though he was in a hurry, he stopped. It was like everything had frozen in time.