Mission 1: The Truth

Before the chapter begins, am I the only one who thinks Qrow looks badass in Dante's outfit? Like seriously, he looks awesome in it. But moving on, enjoy the chapter.

No one's POV
Patch

Nearly a week has pass since Yang has found the pictures. She has tried to build up the courage to ask her father about them several times, but for some reason, she wasn't able to bring herself to ask. Something just didn't add up to her.

Yang was currently sitting on her bed, looking at the photo with the mysterious man and team STRQ. She always found herself staring at how her mother and the man were holding each other. As the days pass, Yang found herself asking multiple questions, some like "Why is my mother and that guy holding each other like that?" "Were they in a relationship before?" "Where are they now?" and several other kind of questions. It doesn't help that she began to think that the man looks strangely familiar, like she should know him for some reason.

Yang puts the photo in her pocket. Thinking she should do something today to get her mind off from the photo, she got up and went downstairs. As she walk down the stairs, she heard the sound of television and laughing. She saw her father watching tv on the couch, enjoying some sort of comedy show.

"Hey, dad..." Yang mutters.

Taiyang looks behind him as Yang went to one of the chairs next to the couch and sat on it. Tai grabs the remote to the tv and lowers the volume so they could talk without raising their voices.

"Morning, sunshine!" Tai greets warmly. "What's up?"

Yang shrugs as she took a glance at the tv then to her father. "Hey, dad..." She says nervously.

Tai seemed to pick up something was wrong with his daughter. He sat up and gave her his full attention. "Yeah?"

Yang was going to ask about the photo, but for some reason, she began to choke on her words. Her hand began to shake, obviously nervous about asking. Tai scoots closer to Yang and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"You okay?" Tai asks. "You look pale."

Yang took a few moments to recollect herself. When she does, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She shook her head, most likely arguing with herself. She opens her eyes and grab the crumpled photo in her pocket and place it on the table. Tai quietly gasps as his eyes widen when seeing the photo. He grabs the photo with both of his hands and remained silent, too shock to say anything. He stares at the photo for a bit, probably remembering the past. An image flashes in his mind as he studied the man's face.