Chapter 4: Come Grammy Night

February 28, 1984
Michael's POV

"Baby, we gotta leave in a few minutes!" I yelled, placing my tense hand on the staircase handrail.

"I'm coming!" Her honey-drenched voice radiated. I swear she had an angelic glow around her as her beautiful body was revealed in her body hugging dress.

"My gosh, you're breathtaking!" I smiled, wrapping a tight arm around her waist

"Says the man who's gonna steal away the night. God, Michael. Twelve nominations. I'm so proud of you honey. Here some decades ago, the world couldn't fathom a black man eating together with white folk. But, here you are breaking boundaries, and showing the world you're just as capable. Hell, you're even more capable than anyone. The world is yours, baby." She stared into my eyes breathlessly. The love she had was pulsing erratically.

"Thank you." I blushed a little.

"How's your head?" Nicole ran her fingers through my head softly. I had recently went under a procedure that expands my tissue using a balloon, and helps cover my burned areas. I kissed her nose, loving the feeling of her hand running through my head.

"I'm alright. Just happy to have the greatest woman who's ever existed." I brought her closer to me, and rubbed her upper back slowly. This is a moment I wanted to last forever. However, I heard a light knock at the door. Last year, I had become acquainted with the child star from Webster, Emmanuel Lewis.

He had come to love my family, and I accepted him and his mother as a part of it. They're very wholesome people, and I was happy to share this night with some of my favorite people. Sure enough, Nicole opened the door to reveal him. "Emmanuel!" She bent down to accept his hug.

Nicole had met Emmanuel on the set of Beat It. He acted very shy, and blushed whenever she gushed over him. It was pretty obvious, he had a small crush on my wife. Huh, guess I better watch out, or he'll steal her away. Emmanuel also loved hanging around with Sierra and Corey, frequently giving them advice on how to hang a water bucket over our bedroom door. Yeah, Nicole gets pretty mad on a daily basis.

"Hey, Mike!" Emmanuel smiled brightly, hugging my legs.

"What's up, Rhubba?" I chuckled.

"I'm in a place with no name, Michael." Emmanuel informed me. I raised an eyebrow at the random sentences he's expelled over the time I've known him. "A place with no name?" Nicole asked with a confused expression.

"Nic, you should know this lingo." Emmanuel gave her an indifferent expression. She laughed softly, and adjusted the top of her dress so her breasts wouldn't be so prevalent. I liked it like that though. She shot me a warning expression as she knew what I was peeking at. Nicole leaned into my personal space, and whispered in my left ear.

"Control yourself tonight, Jackson." She heaved.

"You wear something like that, and I won't be able to walk right." I whispered back. Nicole's face reddened as I embarrassed her. "My Queen." I sent her a sex sign in my eyes. Hey, we all have our extracurricular actives we like to partake in.

"Let's get goin', shall we?" She quickly fled to get her coat. While I wasn't paying attention, she had grabbed some open-toed pumps. Emmanuel nodded with a confused expression still placed on his face. "Rhubba, can you pass this note off to Nicole for me. And whatever you do, don't read it." He nodded with a suspicious gaze on me.

"Don't be sendin' Morse code, Mike." Emmanuel said, his eyebrows wiggling. I rolled my eyes, and told him to just follow my direction. "Rhubba, seriously."

"I won't, I swear." He placed his right hand up, and clasped the envelope to his chest. "So help me!"

"On what?" Nicole's voice could be heard in the other room.

"Hit the road, Jack!" I shouted.

"Quit being a whiny bitch, Jill." Nicole grumbled, re-entering the room. "Emmanuel, what do you have behind your back?" I gazed down at Emmanuel, who smiled innocently.

"Whatcha talkin' about, Nic?" He giggled. "That's confidential."

"What?" She formed a smirk. "Michael, what is this about?"

"Uhh.... bacon!" I blurted.

"What the hell have you been taking?" She gasped. "Never mind, I don't wanna know." Nicole ushered us forward, and we walked into the foyer. It was a clear beautiful night as the stars shined brightly down at us.

My entire family including Mother, Joseph, Janet, Rebbie, LaToya, and my brothers would be attending for me tonight. I was very stressed out on the pressure of planning an upcoming tour for my brothers. I swear all they care about is the damn profit that comes with this. The only reason I'm doing it is to see the happiness coming from my fan's faces when they see me.

To be able to inspire somebody, that's the message I'm trying to spread. Recently, my father and brother have come up with some unbelievable method of accessing the tickets. A person would have to purchase four tickets with a request that would cost an extra hundred dollars. People can't afford to do that, and not have the definite comfort knowing they could attend. I never understood how someone could be so selfish.

"Michael, are you coming?" Nicole grabbed my arm, and pulled me to the front door. "I suppose you're dragging me instead." I smiled slightly. Nicole rolled her eyes slowly to accentuate her sarcasm. "Yeah, sure." Nicole replies subtly.

--

"Michael, you look amazing." Janet smiled as we embraced.

"Thanks Dunk." I nodded. "You don't look half bad yourself."

"Gee, Thanks." Janet rolled her eyes slightly.

"Do you have a terminal effect on everyone rolling their eyes at you?" Nicole chuckled.

"Affirmative." Janet replied for me. I gaped at her, pretending to not believe her absent hesitation on answering such a personal question.

"See? I'm not the only one." Nicole smiled. I rolled my eyes. "You even do it to yourself!"

"No, my love, that's you."

"Not possible." Nicole huffed. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder as we were walking to our designated spots. Rhubba agreed with me as he held onto my hand tightly.

--

Nicole's POV

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen!" A familiar voice filled the stadium. "Tonight we celebrate the incomparable men and women in music. A Grammy is the crowning achievement us singers that we use to brag about our achievements." I laughed along with the crowd. So, tonight... I'll take home the Grammy's! We'll see you next year!" Lionel squealed, pretending to exit the stage. "Gotcha! Man! I see so many bright faces tonight. Legendary people here in the audience here. Diana Ross! Gladys Knight! Oh, some Pips too. Michael, I see ya!" He peered at Michael.

"His lovely wife! Emmanuel Lewis, what's up Webster?" Lionel chuckled. "But seriously, talented folks, they are. Before I ramble on into madness, let's give it up for the real host for tonight. Mr. John Denver!"

John Denver walked out onto the stage, and waved to the audience. "Thank you, Lionel. I'll make this announcement short. The first performance tonight goes to Miss Donna Summer for She Works Hard for the Money!"

As Donna Summer was performing, and I sang along. That tune is catchy as hell. Soon, they were announcing the nominations for record of the year.

"The nominations for Record of the Year are..." The announced said. "And the winner is... Thriller, Michael Jackson."

Throughout the evening, my husband made history by collecting a mind boggling 8 Grammy Awards.