Chapter 2 - Into The Wild

I met everybody at Yosemite Valley lodge. All these amazing people were there with Jared. Alex, his wife, Tommy Caldwell, Jimmy Chin and a bunch of other climbers I didn't know.

I was feeling a little nervous but everybody was so cool I quickly felt comfortable and relaxed.

We had an amazing view of El Cap, it was really early in the morning so the sun was starting to come up and slowly cover the mountain.

"It really is beautiful, isn't it?" Jared stood by my side to contemplate the sun rising on the wall. He was holding his shirt on his hands. His body seemed to be hand sculpted by a very talented artist. I again had to control myself not to stare, but I was just about to start drooling.

"Yeah I can't believe I've been living here for a year and never came to this place before

"Yeah I can't believe I've been living here for a year and never came to this place before."

"It's a shame. You should come more often. I'll call you when I come again."

"That would be really nice."

Suddenly I felt the back of our hands slightly touching. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back, and suddenly realized how horny I was. God it's been a long time...

We stood there for a few minutes letting our hands touch and our fingers move into all directions, just caressing each other.

"So, let's get started guys." Jimmy shouted.

Jared put the shirt on. It did made things easier for me.

***

We spend a few hours climbing some small rocks. Then we stopped to rest and eat something.

"I'm gonna grab some water." I said.

'I'll go with you." Jared got up and followed me.

***

I was heading to the stream when I saw it. Jared was a few steps behind. I dropped the water bottle and quickly turned back, making him stop walking.

I held the collar of his T-shirt in desperation. I could tell he thought I was gonna kiss him. He looked at me with a half-smile and hesitation. I moved my face to the side and whispered very close to his ear "a bear".

Jared looked up and his face turned  serious, the veins bellow his eyes showing off.

A huge grizzly bear was walking towards us. I kept staring at him trying to figure out what to do. He put his arm around my waist and held me very tight, standing still.

The feeling of his arm on myself made me forget for a second what was going on and I just felt an urge to kiss him. We were so close, I could smell the scent coming from his neck, a delicious mixture of shower-gel and sweat.

I heard steps that made me get out of my trance. Little cracks into the gravel, the only sound we could hear besides the rustle of the trees.

I looked behind Jared's back, to our friends, hoping someone would tell us what to do. Everybody got up and was staring at us, like these weird statues, with pure terror on their faces.

Suddenly I could feel the bear's breath on my back. I grabbed Jared's arm to keep me from falling. He didn't make a single move, he was just petrified.

When I realized Jared didn't know what to do either, tears started rolling down my face and I had to control myself so I wouldn't pee in my pants.

I always wondered how and when I was gonna die. That was it. I would be chewed by a fucking bear. At least I was in the arms of the most beautiful man ever. How romantic. Should I kiss him goodbye?

All these thoughts were running through my mind at the speed of light.  Before I could think about anything else I saw Tommy slowly walking towards us. He made a sign with his hand telling me to remain silent and walk in his direction.

I looked at Jared's eyes and put my hand on his chest, applying just the right amount of pressure so he could understand what I was doing. He immediately started walking backwards.

We walked together in slow motion. Our bodies moving as if it was one, like a needle of a compass going to the direction it was drawn to.

His arm was still firm on my waist. I let my hand rest on his chest and the other one grab his shoulder. I couldn't see what was happening behind me so I just focused on getting as far away and as fast as I could, without being eaten.

It felt like hours but in just a few seconds we got close to Tommy. I looked back and saw the bear turning around and going back into the woods where he came from.

Jared closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Holy guacamole". Then he started laughing, acting like nothing serious had happened. I, on the other hand, was totally shocked.

"Are you ok?" I clearly wasn't.

"Yes, I just... I thought we were gonna die". I was shaking uncontrollably.

"Come here baby" He pulled me closer into his arms and gave me a very tight hug. I buried my head in his chest.

It took me a minute to calm down.

"I am never coming out here again. EVER!" I raised my head and smiled at him.

"That was close though, huh?" He laughed again.

I didn't wanna leave his arms. His insanely huge arms, by the way. I think he was working out to play a vampire or something in a movie. God I wish I could just kiss him right there.

My heart was racing so fast and for a moment we just stared at each other, waiting for our heart beats to slow down.

I almost made a move to kiss him, but our friends got closer to us, asking if we were okay and the moment passed by.

"You know what, I think everybody should go to my place tonight so we could celebrate this amazing day we just had. Let's have a party." Jared said.

"I'll definitely need a drink."

"I'll text everybody the address, hope you all can make it."

I smirked and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "See you later."

***

What a day!