Chapter 3 - Too Close

After a long bath, I put on a black dress and my vans. I left my hair loose and only had a mascara and a lipstick, it was a small party after all.

I got to Jared's house and saw some friends and some people I had no idea who they were. His house was full of people, more than I expected to be.

At one table there were buckets full of ice and drinks. One of the bottles was a Veuve Clicquot. Hell, he surely knew how to throw a party. I filled a glass and went say hi to my friends.

I saw Jared talking to someone and I waved at him. He excused himself and came toward me.

"Hi baby." He gave me a hug. He calling me like that almost made me have a heart attack.

He was incredibly beautiful tonight, although the weird combination of clothes.

He was wearing a pink sweater, grey sweatpants, a blue banana sock, and a clW clip holding his hair up. His scent was stronger than before, a woody perfume I couldn't recognize the brand.

 His scent was stronger than before, a woody perfume I couldn't recognize the brand

"Hi."

"Did you recover well?"

"I'm not sure. I think I'll need more than one drink to recover 100%."

"Well, I see you already know where all the drinks are, so make yourself at home!"

He gave me a long smile, looking straight into my eyes. "If you excuse me."

"Hi darling." A super tall and skinny girl with two friends greeted him. They all seemed like the cover of a Vogue magazine. Looking at them made me feel a bit stupid to think Jared might be interested in me.

The party was definitely taking bigger proportions than I had imagined. The house was huge and getting very crowded.

Jared kept talking to his guests, making sure everyone was being well treated. He was one of the most polite people I had ever met and you could see he really cared about others.

I spent the whole night talking to my new climbing friends. Eventually my eyes would meet Jared's. I did not know exactly what that meant but I knew my desire for him was increasing. I wanted him so bad. And I was definitely drunk. God Olivia, you just met the guy, do not get obsessed!

I was disappointed I didn't get the chance to talk to him during the entire night. He was to busy handling his guests.

***

My friends were all gone. The party was almost at it's end and I was trying to sober up so I could leave safely.

I was sitting alone on a balcony, drinking water, when Jared came by.

"Water?" He pointed at my cup.

"Yeah I had too much alcohol tonight" I laughed. I was totally wasted.

He laughed too, noticing my non sober state. He clearly didn't drink anything alcoholic.

He came closer. "You look really pretty today."

"Thank you. You look amazing yourself too." I was smiling like a stupid little girl about to win some candy.

We were dangerously close to each other. He was standing in front of me, between my legs. I instantly pressed my knees on his thighs.

He sighed and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear. "Olivia..."

"What?"

He didn't say anything.

"What is it? Say it. "I whispered.

He leaned over me, I could feel his breath on my neck. His lips rubbing my skin. Then he stopped.

"I'm sorry, I can't." He said, with his mouth really close to mine.

"Why? You clearly want to." I looked at him with confusion, trying to figure out what was he thinking.

"I'm sorry. I really am." He pulled away.

"You were looking at me all night like you were gonna fuck me so hard I'd wish I was eaten by that bear. I must say I'm disappointed." What on earth was I saying? Too late now.

He laughed really hard.

"Can't say I wouldn't enjoy that, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea. The thing is... I... I have a girlfriend."

I chuckled. "What do you mean?"

"It's not like a serious thing or anything, but we're together for a while now and I think I better not ..."

"Where is she? Do you hide her on your basement or something?"

"She's travelling and we don't want to make it public."

"Huh."

I felt so embarrassed. Even though he never appeared anywhere with a woman, there was this girl, a model, he would eventually be seen with. It was probably her. At least I was not crazy and he really was interested in me. I felt somehow relieved.

"Well, I better get going."

"Are you sure? You're still drunk, maybe you should stay a little longer." His eyes were sad. He was feeling bad about the whole situation.

"No, thank you, I'll call a uber, I'll be fine." I smiled.

"We can still be friends though, right?"

"Of course. Goodbye Jared."

"Goodbye Olivia."