Chapter 1 - Free Solo

Sorry for any grammar mistakes. Hope you enjoy!

***

I left my class of European Art running through the Broad Art Center so I could get to Powell Library on time. The Department of Film organized a screening of Free Solo movie, with a Q&A session with Alex Honnold and Jared Leto. I was a huge fan of both, so I could not miss it at all.

After running like the female version of Forest Gump, I arrived at the exact moment the film was starting. The room was full, all chairs were taken, so I went to the front roll where some people were sitting on the floor.

I was panting from all the running and people needed to move a little bit to the left so I could have enough space to accommodate myself. When I finally sat down on the floor, I realized I was close to Jared's chair. He gave me a reproval look, frowning his eyebrows. I whispered a embarrassed "sorry". He then changed his expression and winked.

God I knew the guy was pretty, but seeing him so close was breathtaking. And he had just winked at me!!!! I wasn't sure running was the reason I was panting anymore.

I tried not to stare at him while the movie was playing, but I just couldn't. He was wearing a flower hoodie, dark jeans and blue socks, with a checkerboard slip-on that looked absolutely ridiculous, but yet he was so god damn sexy.

All kinds of dirty thoughts ran through my mind. How would he look like without that hoodie? How does it feel to touch his bare chest? What sound does he make when someone pulls his hair back? Shit, stop it Olivia!!!!

 How would he look like without that hoodie? How does it feel to touch his bare chest? What sound does he make when someone pulls his hair back? Shit, stop it Olivia!!!!

He noticed my staring (of course) and smirked, not taking his eyes away from the screen. I smiled back, turning my face to the movie, forcing myself not to look at him again. What if he thinks I'm a crazy stalker or something?

I accomplished my goal, occasionaly feeling his eyes on me. I could feel my face burning though.

When the lights were on, the Q&A session started. Jared and Alex got up and stood in front of the projection screen.

After a few questions, this guy that was by my side asked Alex how did they poop when they were up in the mountains for more than one day. The whole room busted into laughter.

"What? It's a legit question! They never show these things on documentaries." The guy defended himself.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I asked him, laughing and shaking my head.

When I turned my eyes to the front, Jared was smiling. I couldn't tell if he was smiling to me or to the guy. But he winked again. My heart skipped a beat. He was definitely flirting with me.

Alex answered the question and recommended the movie The Dawn Wall, where the climber Tommy Caldwell actually shows how it's done. Another wave of laughter took over the room.

***

When the session was over, I got up and waited for everybody to leave, since I was in the opposite side of the exit. While I was waiting, Jared came next to me.

"Hi"

He was actually talking to me. Shit. Shit. Shit. Remember to breathe Olivia.

"Hi" I answered.

"So... you're a fan of climbing"

Was that a question? Anyway...

"I am, actually. But nothing like that, you know" I pointed to the Free Solo poster. "Just some indoor climbing with all the safe equipment I can get".

Alex came near us and said hi.

"Hi, I'm Olivia, huge fan... Of both of you actually" I tuned to Jared. "I do listen to your music too."

"What a nice combination!" Jared answered.

"You know, you said you like indoor climbing. Would you like to go to the mountains? Me, Alex and a few friends are going to Yosemite tomorrow, maybe you can give it a try into the wild."

"Oh, you never did outside? You're gonna love it, should really try it." Alex said while smiling to Jared. He probably noticed the flirting thing going on.

Holy fucking shit. He was asking me out. I mean, with friends and stuff. To climb. But yet, not that far away from a date. Or was he just being polite and I was getting crazy? I don't know.

But I said yes.

***

Would you guys go to a "climb date" with Jared? I totally would.

Let's see what happens next...

Please leave your comment and vote if you liked it ;)

***