Up on the Self

Whit

All three of us turn to one of the empty selves.

"Byron Swain. Where have you been all this time?" I asked, wondering where the little weasel had been, all this time for all the months we've been gone.

"Not under your watchfull eye, Whitford. I have only been here since yesterday." The weasel said, "Out of the same portal you two used. Guessing you never came to the Shadowland, when you haven't shown up for a week."

"It's only been a week back home?!" Wisty shouted astonished.

"Yes, and it has been a little lonely."

"Ah shut it lover boy," I said, "Just tell us what you know and I mean all of us." I glanced over to Wisty then to Katniss.

"Right but could Wisty turn me back, I would like only two legs again please."

I forgot that Wisty turned him into a weasel a week before we ended up in Panem, for accidentally letting my sister's dog, Feffer, loose on the streets while we were on patrol. Lets say Feffer almost became a pancake in the street, if Byron didn't realise his furry friend wasn't answering to his favorite chew toy.

"Not until you tell us what you know, Byron." Wisty yelled back at him. Katniss just stood there staring at the talking weasel.

"Fine, that's fair. Anyway, since I came out the same portal just recently, it is luckily still open. We have to hurry though."

"Guess I should see you off," Katniss said. I know we just met but I will send you off wherever you're going."

"We appreciate that, thank you."

_______________

A picture of Katniss on the side.