Sorting Things Out

Whit    

"So do you have any spare portals around here?" I asked Harry.

"Not that we have seen," Hermione said.

"Great we are stuck again! I yelled out, "Same with you two." I thought while looking back at Katniss and Peeta.

"Whit calm down, I'm sorry, but it can't be helped you know," my sister said to me.

"Where are we going to stay in this world, now? We have no money."

"I could help with that," Ron grinned, ”my family has plenty of room at our house. Even Hermione and Harry our staying over, so you won't feel that you are intruding or anything." With that invite, that's how we all got to be in their car, on the way to Ron's house. "It's outside the city so it may take a while. So bare with us." Ron added.  

"I've been wondering," Harry began, "Wisty, you burst into flames without a wand. How is that possible?"

Wisty looked at her hand and produced a little fireball in her palm. She burned it out then looked back up to Harry. "It just is. It's there. I mean, well, I never really needed to use a wand. Same with Whit too. I used to have a wand my mother gave me but it was destroyed a while back."

"Your mother gave it to you? It wasn't bought at a wand shop?"

"Wand shop? It was a drumstick. I just figured my mother turned it into a wand, so whenever I channeled my powers into it, it would just work. I only used it a few times anyway." Wisty said, "but whenever I did use it, it was pretty handy."

"They can be," Harry noted, "Ron! Time to make a trip to Diagon Alley."

"Why, Harry?" Ron asked.

"Yes, why Harry?" Hermione agreed.  

"You said your magic was greatest with a wand at your side, correct?" Harry asked Wisty.

"Yeah, kind of."

"So getting you a wand might get home." Harry explained.

"Excellent, thinking Potter, " I said.

"You too, Whit, you could use a wand. Two is always better than one." Harry continued, "Ollivander, is going to love these two." He said while turning to Ron behind the wheel.