Epilogue

(Edited May 30th, 2019)

(F/D means Favorite Drink).

December 12th, 20XX

I cross off another day on my calendar with a big red 'X', sighing at how fast the year went by after I met Ink. He introduced me to another skeleton, named Dream, just after we met. Apparently, Sans has known him for a while.

Nevertheless, I flop down on my bed and pull out my phone, brushing my hair away from my face. A notification sits patiently on my lock screen, a text, in fact. It reads:

Ink: Hey! Wanna go to the cafe across the street with Dream and I? Dream wants you to meet someone.

Smiling, I type a message of agreement and stand up, moving to my dresser to brush my hair. Dragging the brush through my H/C tangles, I make sure I have everything I need and grab my shoes and jacket, heading downstairs.

"I'm going to the cafe with Dream and Ink!" I yell to Papyrus. "I'll be back at five!"

"Stay safe, Kiddo," Papyrus waves from inside the kitchen, smiling gently. I nod with a smile in return and open the front door, stepping into the winter air. My boots crunch through the snow as I walk down the street, texting Ink the whole way there.

~~~

"Welcome to Grillby's!" Grillby chirps as I step inside. I stomp the excess snow from my boots and walk over to the bar, taking a seat to wait for my friends. My phone buzzes quietly with the indication of a text message.

Ink: Almost there! :)

You: I'll be waiting! ^^

I set my phone down on the bar and order a F/D, reading the menu as I wait. Soon, the drink arrives. I sip it quietly, savouring the taste of it. The bell above the entrance rings quietly. Grillby greets my friends happily as they walk inside.

"Hey, Ink, Hey, Dream!" I wave, standing up. A third skeleton looks around Dream shyly, his rich purple eyes staring into mine."Oh! Hello..." I wave.

"Y/N, this is my brother, Nightmare!" Dream leads the skeleton into the open. He wears mostly purple and blue clothing, with accents of gold on his jacket and boots. A crown with a small rectangular shape sits upon his head, a small, blue, moon-shaped gem resting in the center.

Nightmare simply stares at me with a guilty look in his eye, as if he had done something to upset me. After a moment, he looks to the floor, avoiding eye contact. "Hey," He murmurs.

"I'm Y/N," I hold out my hand. "It's nice to meet you!"

Nightmare briefly looks at my hand before shaking it gently. He nods. "It's... nice to meet you too." He manages to crack a tiny smile as he looks at me.

"Well, lets order some breakfast!" I clap my hands. Ink, Dream, and Nightmare nod in agreement, and we sit at the bar to order our food.

~~~

"Bye, Guys!" Ink and I wave as Dream and Nightmare prepare to teleport away. They wave their goodbyes and walk through the portal, closing the rift behind them after they disappear. I sigh happily and slip my jacket over my shoulders, giving Ink a smile.

"So what should we do next, Inky?" I ask, making up a nickname for my friend. "Go to the field, back to my house? Maybe you can show me one of those alternate universes!" I list the possibilities in excitement, bouncing up and down as Ink grabs his paintbrush.

"Yeah, I guess I could show you one real fast! After all, it has been a while since we went there..." He murmurs the last part with a bit of sadness to his tone, looking to the floor with a gentle smile.