Discussion

Lan Qiren sighed, relieved, when he saw him come out of his room. "I thought you'd end up like Wangji or your father... haaa..." he muttered, frowning, as they walked towards the dining hall where they'll held their family feast. His eyebrows are knit.

Lan Xichen just laughed as he accompanied his uncle. His heart still feels heavy, but not that as heavy as before. As expected, the moment Lan Qiren saw Wei Wuxian his face soured. However, Wei Wuxian's behaved today and so he let him off the hook. But, he's (LXC) not. After all, he did mistakes on his reports and Lan Qiren had to cut him off. Then, everything has been fine after that.

Everything... should have been fine...

"Xichen." Lan Qiren called his nephew when he saw him at the entrance of the Cloud Recesses.

"Uncle." Lan Xichen greeted and bowed.

Lan Qiren combed his goatee. "Are you going to Lanling now?" he asked, referring to the sect leaders' conference.

"Yes." He answered.

"Hmm..." Lan Qiren. "I heard the conference today... will be a bit... interesting." He said, hesitant.

Lan Xichen's forehead slightly knotted, but he still smiled. "Uncle saying that, seems like it's going to be interesting." He said and bowed. "Then, I'll depart for Lanling." He said and stood straight. Lan Qiren just nodded, his eyebrows still tightly knit. Lan Xichen then mounted Shuoye and flew to the direction of Lanling.

Lately, everything's been peaceful aside from the appearance of the fierce corpses which are easily dealt with. But now, a conference of all sect leaders was being held. What is this all about? He thought.

Lanling – Koi Tower.

"Zewu-jun." Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi greeted when they saw him arrived.

Lan Xichen nodded. "You two are here because...?" he asked. He hasn't continued what he's about to say when he saw Jin Ling went out, his face mad. The youth turned and saw him.

"Zewu-jun!" Jin Ling exclaimed and immediately bowed.

Lan Xichen nodded. "Young master Jin." He said. "Why are you – " he said and was about to ask why the youth is mad when a figure went out of the room the youth went out.

It was a person wearing all purple. "Sect leader Lan." Jiang Cheng said, his eyebrows knit. He only momentarily glanced at Lan Xichen and turned to Jin Ling, his eyes narrowing. "You brat!" he said as he marched towards Jin Ling, frowning. "I tell you to wait for my meeting to finish – " he said, mad. "Can't you not wait for the meeting to finish?!" he asked.

Jin Ling immediately hid behind Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi. "But your meeting today seemed to take longer – " he said.

Jiang Cheng's eyes narrowed. "You! In the future when you'll take over the LanlingJin sect, you think you just can leave all you want in the meetings - ?" he said, mad.

Lan Xichen mentally grimaced as he watched the scene. He forced a smile. "Err, sect leader Jiang..." he called and bowed. He glanced at Jin Ling that's still hiding behind his (LXC) disciples, then turned to Jiang Cheng who's glaring at Jin Ling. "The meeting is about to start." He reminded him.

Jiang Cheng pressed his lips tight in a thin line, holding himself back not to shout at his nephew. He gritted his teeth, pissed. "Yeah." He just said and stormed off, going towards the meeting room.

The three youths sighed, relieved. "Thanks, Zewu-jun." Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi said and bowed.

"Many thanks, sect leader Lan." Jin Ling said and respectfully bowed.

Lan Xichen just smiled. "You're welcome – " he said and followed Jiang Cheng. He reached the door and entered, missing the three youths' conversation.

"Your uncle is always scary. Brr!" Lan Jingyi said and shivered, hugging himself.

"Ahahaha..." Lan Sizhui forced a laugh as he scratched the side of his head.

Jin Ling frowned. "Yeah. He's always mad, he needs to marry!" he said, puffing his cheeks in anger.

"Yeah – " the two GusuLan disciples said before they froze. "What?!" they said and turned to Jin Ling, shocked.

Jin Ling crossed his arms. "Didn't I tell you?" he asked. "The meeting today... it's about uncle's marriage – " he said, then his forehead knotted. "I heard the other sect leaders talking about it last time when we ran into them, and so I brought the two of you here as my witnesses to tell my uncle about the sect leaders' plan... so you two didn't hear them?" he asked, surprised.

"... no." the two said, then looked at each other. And even if we did, we wouldn't have come to act as witnesses. They thought. Or else, Jiang Cheng would be madder at them than the sect leaders.

Jin Ling just sighed and shook his head. "I tried to warn him, so it's his fault for not listening to me. Quick! Let's watch them - !" he said as he excitedly pulled the two. What he meant is to watch Jiang Cheng's reaction.

The two just silently prayed for themselves if Jiang Cheng would find them out.

Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichens settled themselves, and the meeting has begun. The reports are all about the corpses and some who practices demonic cultivation – the usual topics. Jiang Cheng was about to get bored and yawn when someone cleared his throat.

"There's one more thing we need to discuss with sect leader Jiang." One of the sect leaders said.

"Oh?" Jiang Cheng said, his interest has been piqued. "What do you need to discuss with me?" he asked.

Lan Xichen looked at the sect leaders, and noticed all of them are looking at Jiang Cheng. Like... they're having the same thought and are watching Jiang Cheng's reaction.

They all looked at each other before the bravest of them spoke. "It is about sect leader Jiang's marriage." He said.

Another long silence fell.

(A/N: why, oh why, oh why?! XDXDXD seems like I'm back on track now in writing! XD)