Dream

(A/N: I've been meaning to write this two days ago but... but... 😂😂😂)

"Wanyin..." Lan Xichen called and opened his eyes. But, what he saw was the Guanyin Temple full of resentful energy. Ah. He thought as he looked around. This is... his face went serious. Lan Qiren called him and Lan Wangji and informed them there was a sudden movement in the Guanyin Temple, based on the report of the disciples stationed to watch over the Guanyin Temple. He and Lan Wangji immediately went to the temple while Lan Qiren was left to discuss with the sect elders on his (LXC) behalf since Lan Qiren knows that the problem concerns his (LXC) two sworn brothers. He was half-expecting to see Jiang Cheng there, but also half-expecting not when he remembered that he confessed to him last time. Who appeared was only Wei Wuxian together with the YunmengJiang disciples, only to tell him the news that Jiang Cheng slept late while choosing his soon-to-be wife. That added to the already deep scar he (LXC) is nurturing for a long time – being secretly in love with Jiang Cheng. Out of impulse, he marched towards the temple and went inside without thinking. And now he's here... he thought as he looked at the resentful energy leaking from the coffin when he reached it. "A-Yao.. da ge..." he called as he slowly approached it.

"You're still naïve." A voice said behind him.

Lan Xichen turned, his eyes went wide when he saw it was Jiang Cheng. "Wanyin..." he called, his eyes watered. He didn't try to think why Jiang Cheng is here, since what's important is the guy is here in front of him.

Jiang Cheng ignored him and walked towards the coffin, then stood beside him. "Jin Guangyao killed Nie Mingjue. Nie Mingjue died tragically. Nie Huaisang plotted for Jin Guangyao's death as revenge for Nie Mingjues death. You know all of these." Jiang Cheng said and turned to him, his face as cold as usual.

Lan Xichen's tears fell and he fell on his knees, facing Jiang Cheng who's now in front of him. "Wanyin..." he called as he felt his heart hurt. He really hated that coldness in Jiang Cheng's eyes. "... I know." He said and lowered his head.

"So why still be sentimental with them?" Jiang Cheng asked. His eyes fell on Shuoye that's sheathed on its scabbard. The resentful energy started to become thicker, almost obscuring their sight. "That's the sword that struck your sworn brother, right?" he asked and pulled Shuoye.

"Wanyin..." Lan Xichen called, already knew where this is leading. "... I am sorry for what I did." He said, referring to his public confession. "However – " he said and looked at Jiang Cheng who pointed the sword on his chest. " – I truly love you – " he said, then felt his breathing stopped and his chest constricted when he felt the blade of the sword on his chest brushed his heart. Wan... yin... he thought. No... he raised his gaze and saw the person standing before him is himself, holding the hilt of Shuoye and is looking at him blankly. The one who wanted to hurt himself is himself, also. He feels guilty for stabbing Jin Guangyao. He feels regret he hasn't done anything to save Nie Mingjue. And now... Jiang Cheng regretted him. Is there still anything that could keep him from hanging to life? He thought as his lips now trickling blood formed a bitter smile.

"Er... ge..." a low and hazy voice called as the lid of the coffin moved and two figures went out of the coffin. More resentful energy come out, and two pairs of blank eyes looked at the figure standing before Lan Xichen – Lan Xichen himself and is now stabbing him. The figure was created from the shadow of Lan Xichen's heart and attacked him, staining his snow white robes with vivid red and on the chest.

The two figures leapt out and attacked the imaginary Lan Xichen. It seemed alive, since he could hear the two 'eating' the imaginary him. However, they're just eating the resentful energy and it was their mouth producing eating sounds, sending chills to one's bones. "... I am sorry – " he said and coughed up blood.