Call

Jiang Cheng felt like his body is slowly sinking in the water. His body is heavy. What am I... did I fall in the lake - ? He thought and felt his chest constricted. No. I know how to swim. So why am I drowning? He thought and felt he's losing air. No! Am I going to die - ? He thought, a tear formed on the corner of his eyes but it's for naught since he's sinking in the water. Damn it... help... I can't die. Ah Ling needs me... I can't leave him... I can't also let Wei Wuxian go kill himself again – "Ack-!" he cried and held his neck. Also... I can't die... I still – his consciousness starts to fade. – Lan... Huan... he thought, remembered what happened last. "Lan... Huan – " he muttered as he let himself sink.

However, he saw light on the surface, followed by a white figure that appeared breaking the surface of the water and swam towards him. He saw the man is smiling and immediately took him into his arms, his mouth went to his and fed him air – at the same time is kissing him, too.
He could feel those soft familiar lips moving on his own lips – sucking and nibbling and licking. Jiang Cheng's forehead knotted and his eyebrows knit. He felt like he's losing more air now than he's drowning earlier. A vein popped on his head as his hand raised and punched the guy.

"OW!" a loud cry can be heard, waking Jiang Cheng up.

"Brother!" Lan Wangji called and helped Lan Xichen who fell on his butt on the floor, his nose is bleeding.

Wei Wuxian sighed. "I already warned you that the Zidian ring is activating. You didn't listen. Luckily, it's only Jiang Cheng's fist hit you and not the whip." He said and grimaced, as if he could feel the Zidian hitting him. Well, it did in the Dafan Mountain.

"Sect leader!" the right-hand man of Jiang Cheng called. He was about to help Jiang Cheng up when Lan Xichen spoke.

"Don't you dare touch him!" Lan Xichen said, glaring at the disciple. The disciple immediately raised his hands and stepped back. Lan Xichen walked towards Jiang Cheng who's now sitting up. "Wanyin – " he called and raised his hand to touch Jiang Cheng when Jiang Cheng slapped his hand away. Their eyes went wide, surprised. "Wanyin...?" he called.

Jiang Cheng finally sat straight. He's breathing heavily and his body is heavy and burning. "You – " he said and glared at Lan Xichen. "How dare you kiss me!" he hissed.

Their eyes went wide. What... what happened to him? They thought. "Jiang Cheng... don't you remember - ?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Jiang Cheng turned to him. "What should I remember?" he asked, mad. "Why is he here?" he asked and glared at Lan Xichen again. "Didn't you see what he did to me during the conference?" he snapped.

They all gaped at him in shock. What happened to him?! They thought. Didn't Jiang Cheng... why is he acting like – they looked at Lan Xichen who paled in shock. Did Jiang Cheng... had a temporary amnesia because of his high fever...? "Brother." Lan Wangji called, the most calm among them. "It'd be better... if you leave for now." He told him.

Lan Xichen blinked, then he looked at Jiang Cheng – his eyes filled with pain. "Yes..." he said, then lowered his head. He balled his fists as he marched towards the door and left, mad.

Jiang Cheng scoffed. "Where's Jin Ling?" he asked and looked at his right-hand man.

His right-hand man immediately bowed. "Young master Jin is currently in Lanling, mourning for Lianfang-zun's ashes." He answered.

Upon hearing it, Jiang Cheng's eye twitched and he frowned. "Jin Guangyao? What about him? Why would Ah Ling have his ashes?" he asked, puzzled.

Wei Wuxian's jaw dropped as he looked at Jiang Cheng. Wait... he didn't even remember - ! He cut his own thoughts as he hurriedly spoke. "Jiang Cheng – " he called. " – do you... not remember – " he said as he organize his thoughts.