Chapter 3

Jake

I watched Serina walk away in a sad state. It was hard seeing her like that and me not able to care for it. I never liked the fact that she pushed so far away ever since I started dating Jenna. They get along like sisters that why I dated her cause, she was so good with Serina. Also, it kept me from making one of the bigger mistakes of my life. Falling for Serina. She knows all of my secrets, well not all of them. She would kill me if she knew that I've liked her since day one. The day we were babysat by her grandpa, and he taught us how to shoot for the first time. She stood on a stool with her grandpa behind her, the wind swinging her hair out of her young face and the smell of roses. She always smelled like flowers, and I liked that cause that's how my mom used to smell before she left. I'm peeled away from my thoughts as Jenna rubs my back "are you okay" she asks. "ya I just zoned out a bit, um hey have you heard from Serina?" Jenna shakes her head, and I look at the clock. She should have been home by now. Hmmm, maybe she went somewhere to think? No that's not her. She thinks in her room and grieves in the same place. I go to her father and ask if he's heard from her and he said no as well as her mother. As the party ends and very little people remain I drive to Serina's home with her father and mother behind. Driving up I see no sign of Serina's car. My breath quickens, and Jenna asks " where is she? " I ignore her and get out of the car and head to the door that was now unlocked. Her mom and dad walk in behind me fast paced looking and calling for her. The house is clean and perfectly fine no trace of her. Jenna walks over to the phone and says "there's a voice mail here." Serinas parents gather with me to the phone to listen and then I hear that dark voice. "Hello my brethren its been too long." a shiver goes down my spine, and I see Serinas fathers eyes widen in fear. "you know I couldn't just take your fathers death as the payment from his debt. It was too much to pay in fact. So I took what he bargained me for. " 

"No" her father whispered under his breath. my fists are now curling, and Serinas mother is on the brink of tears. " Yes, my brother I have taken her. Your dear daughter." he laughs and continues "she is mine now until there is a payment of your father's debt. I know he has it stashed somewhere. Find it for me, and you may see your precious girl again. Hopefully alive" then the voice hangs up, and there is silence in the room. "Serina my Serina" her mother sobs and Jenna holds her close calming her. My fists are tight and white from the rage building in my chest. Serinas father stays still. "What shall we do sir?" I ask his breath evens and says " We are going to find her. I know Maxim, and he will go to the ends of the earth till he gets what he wants. Even killing her." he choked up at the last part. My breath stopped too. Kill her? The thought of it made me shake in rage. "well let's go? We have to find her!" I yelled grabbing his pack and looking for his hidden guns. "It's not that easy Jacob." 

"what do you mean? He has her! we need to find her!" I yell scaring Jenna at my volume. "Jacob Maxim hides his traces we need to report this, and they can find her." 

"No! do you know how long that will take!? Serina will be dead by then!" I yell again getting up close to her father. "I'm not waiting around and losing someone else close to me," I say low

"Serina is important to me too! I'm her father!" he yells at me as I grab his handgun and head to the door. "then Act like it! I'm going to find her even if I have to be alone." I say looking back at him before shutting the door. I have never been so ready to kill since the day i graduated boot camp.