Chapter 6

Serina 

 I stared at the wall for hours. I didn't think or feel. I was the stone wall feeling cold. The wall changed to my mirage. I heard people walk into my cell. Yet I did not move. I spared them no sign of gratitude. I wanted out. That is what I planned to do. I looked over to the cell door and saw I was left food. I ate but still made little conversation with the guards outside my cell. They kept whistling and chirping at me wanting my attention. I wanted nothing to do with them, but to get out. I saw my guard has the key in his back pocket. So, I slipped closer and closer to the door as I found myself unseen but close enough to freedom. I slide my hand from the cell and reach for the keys. I hear the guard chuckle at his mates around him and try not let him feel me. I slip the keys free without noise and slide one into the lock. I take a deep breath just going to wing it. I pull the door free sliding the gun from the guard's side pulling the trigger on one guard to the left and the right. I'm thrown down but turn back and shoot the last guard down. I grab the keys from the lock and run. Every corner I turn I prepare to fire and look for an exit. I hear cars rev thinking I'm close to the garage.

I make a move more down a long hallway and look around the last corner and see a pack of men going in and out of cars packing them with crates. I hear a gun clock behind me, and I raise my hands slowly, the person pulls me back. I see he has a cloth over his face. This person hands me off to two other men and order them to do something in a different language. I'm then cleared of my weapons and hauled to a large library it looks like. 2 large spiral staircases hold up the many rows of books. I see the masked figure walk past and position himself in front of a chair. "I see the puppet...." I say whisper to myself looking around, "but where is the puppeteer?"

"Very good young one. I must say you aren't like all hostages, your grandfather taught you very well." Maxim claps walking down one of the circular staircases.

"Don't you dare mention my grandfather after what you did!" I yell

"What I did? Oh, you thought I killed him......? Well, m'lady I think I must prove you wrong then." he walks to the puppet who was after me in the hall. He removes the cloth from the masked man. No! No! its "Grandpa!" I yell. Its him he's alive! My Grandfather doesn't move. He just looks to me and back to Maxim "what now sir?"

"Sir? What? Grandpa, what is this?" I look back and forth to Maxim and my grandfather. Maxim chuckles "oh he didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I look back at grandpa "Tell me what grandpa?!"

My grandfather drops his head as if to give in, Maxim walks to me and states. "He is the reason you are here m'lady, the reason you also can't leave. You've been sold."

"Sold!? What grandpa?! This can't be!"

My grandpa didn't look at me or move, he just stood there head down in defeat, Maxim laughed out loud and lifted my chin to him. "Why don't we discuss your ownership over dinner young one?" I pull my had from his grasp and claim "I'd rather starve."

He grunts "perhaps you will, take her away and prepare for tonight."

My grandfather raises his head finally "sir?"

"I think m'lady needs a new lesson on manners," he laughs and has his men pull, me away back to the darkened cell.