Ch. 2

I slowly close the door behind me, sighing.

I've only been in London for a day, and I think Ive already made a new friend. Phil, is a very nice man, not to mention his dashing features.

He has a very colorful style, though.

When I saw him, he was wearing a bright purple shirt and some strange hat with long legs going down the side.

Wonder what that's about....

"Come on, Lu! It's just up these stairs and to the left!", I hear Adriena say, walking up the metal stairs.

I groan. "Coming".

I run up the spiral stairs and walk down a short hallway with a few doors. I see Adriena at ours.

47E.

She jiggles the key in and opens the door, where we slowly walk in.

"Wow. This is very nice!", I say.

She nods.

I take my bags and set them down next to the table. Our things have already been delivered so all we have to carry is our clothes.

I sit on my bed and look out the full wall window that is looking out into part of London.

"Phil was right, this is very lovely", Adriena says.

I agree and start walking around our flat.

Adriena's room is right next to mine. There are rather small rooms, considering all the things I have, mostly things from Italy.

I collapse on my soft pink bed, thinking about that wonderful man I just met.

Phil.

Short for Phillip, I assume.

I wonder what his last name is. He doesn't know mine so I guess it's fair.

I wonder when I'll see him again....

I look at my hand and remember that piece of paper he gave to me with his number on it.

Should I call him now? I think it's too soon. Maybe?

"Hey, do you want to shop around a bit?", Adreina says as she walks in my room.

"Um, sure".

She squints her eyes. "Something's wrong".

I don't say anything, until she breaks me.

"Okay! Fine. I really like that guy that helped us, Phil, and I don't know when to call him or what to say, and is it too early for me to be liking him or-"

She cuts me off by putting her finger up to my mouth.

"Lu, breath".

I sigh, "Yeah".

"Look", she says as we walk to the door, "He gave you his number, so obviously he likes you".

I smile. "Yes, you're right. I'm sorry".

She chuckles, "It's alright, just don't let it happen again".

I laugh.

___________

We walk around a corner, heading to the center of the city to go to a shop.

I shuffle my feet around in the snow as we wait to cross the road, still thinking about Phil.

When we were walking to our building, he was talking about London and what to do and where to go. It was so nice and easy to talk to him.

He just made me...happy.

Happy.

Wow, that was a word that hasn't crossed my mind in awhile.

Ever since my fathers passing, I've been very depressed. We did everything together, so losing him was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

But when I talked to Phil about everything, he made me forget about the sad things, and made me smile, and I loved that.

The crowd starts to move and we walk.

We run toward a little shop on the corner.

I open the door and instantly get struck with the mesmerizing smell of cinnamon. The store was filled with warming candles and vintage furniture.

My favorite.

"Hey look at this!", Adriena says, pulling my hand toward a white bird statue.

I nod my head. "Pretty".

She guides me through the store, picking up various decorations.

Once we left the store, we had gotten many decorations for our flat, to make it, you know, our flat.

We stepped outside in the dark sky and cold snow that is slowly drifting away.

"Hey, what time is it?", I ask Adriena.

She checks her phone, "Almost 10. It's getting late, we should probably go back to our flat".

I nod my head, sighing.

If only I could stay out in the city all day, all night. Just walking around, taking everything in.

Adriena and I walk out of the store, and to the same direction we came from.

Maybe I'll bump into him again. "Accidentally", of course...