Ch. 3

Someone just smacked me.

I screech, "Ouch! What...what-".

I flutter my eyes open and see only a bright light and the groggy-ness of my morning eyes.

I start to hear quiet giggling and rub my eyes, starting to see an open window and a very mischievous looking Adriena standing by my bed.

I smirk.

"I suppose you haven't heard of an alarm clock? Mine is set for another 30 minutes, so thank you", I say sarcastically.

She laughs and leaves for her room to get ready. I sit up from my bed and check my phone.

1 new message.

I smile, thinking it is Phil.

It is and the message reads: Hey Luna! Sorry it's a bit early in the morning, but this is the only chance I have to text right now. Do you think we can meet up maybe? You know, to show you around London and what not. Okay, bye!

A big smile forms on my face, knowing what he was actually trying to say.

I type back: Oh no, that is fine. I would love to meet up! I have found a tea shoppe not to far from my flat, so we can meet there.

I text him where the shoppe is and lock my phone, and throwing on my bed. Still smiling, I jump out of my bed and stroll into the kitchen.

Adriena is by the table brewing up some coffee when I walk in.

She looks at me.

"Ah, happy are we?".

I chuckle and just nod my head, still fully grinned. She hands me a cup of coffee.

"Yes, very. Phil is going to give me a tour of London! Before that, though, we're going to get some tea!".

She smirks.

"Ooh, sounds lovely".

I blush, knowing what she's thinking.

I shuffle my feet around the kitchen while my stomach roars like Chewbaca. I open the fridge and sigh.

"No food!", I whine as I stare at the bright abyss that is our new refrigerator.

Adriena chuckles.

"Wow, really? I mean it's not like we moved or anything...".

I squint my eyes at her.

"Well I guess I'll just grab my lunch before I meet up with Phil", I huff.

Before I could do anything else, I needed to find something to wear.

__________________

"Are you serious?! You think Luigi is better than Mario?!".

"Yes! He just looks adorable with his little green overalls", I say.

Phil laughs while he puts his head down.

"Well that's your opinion", he says while taking a sip of his tea.

I smile, looking at his eyes.

Wow.

"So", he says, setting down his cup, "Enough about video games. What about yourself?".

I look at my hands.

"Well, there's not much to say. I was born in Italy, traveled a lot with my family, then moved to London with my bestfriend, Adriena. You know, the 'spunky' one".

He smirks and nods his head.

"That's right. You told me yesterday that it was because of your father you moved here?".

"Um, yes....", I quietly say.

I know I wanted to say more, but I hesitated, probably making him feel bad.

Before he could say anything his phone rang, making us both jump. He picked it up from the table and frowned.

"I, uh, I'm sorry I need to take this", he said quickly as he got up from the table, " It'll just be a minute. Sorry".

I forced a small smile.

"It's okay", I quietly said.

As I watched him walk away, I couldn't help but wonder what was so important that he had to leave.

Is it a girl?

His girl?

Is this even a date?

After a few minutes, Phil walked back over to our table, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I know you're going to kill me, but I need to go", he said, making his face cringe.

My face fell.

"Oh, yea, that's fine", I almost whisper.

He reaches his hand out to grab mine, graciously pulling me out of my chair.

I smirk, taking in the warm feeling of his hand.

"I'm sorry! I work at a radio station and they need me for an interview with someone who's only here for today", he says as he takes money out of his wallet and places it on the table.

I shake my head.

"Oh no, you don't have to-"

He laughs.

"No! I think I must. I am probably the worst person ever just leaving like this so I'll pay".

I smile and nod my head, not wanting to argue.

"Thank you", I say, as we walk out into cold, crisp air of London.

I try to bundle into my coat when Phil turns to me.

"I had tons of fun talking to you. I hope we can do this again?".

I blush and start smiling like crazy.

"Yes, that would be lovely".

He smiles, showing his extremely white teeth.

"Perfect", he says as he quickly pecks me on the cheek.

Not expecting that, I stumble backwards, causing him to topple over me on an outdoor table.

He laughs and starts to turn red.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!".

I chuckle, "Its fine!".

He looks at his feet when his phone rings again. He looks at it, then at me.

"Uh, sorry I guess I really need to go now".

I smile.

"Okay. Bye, Phil".

"Bye!", he says, waving.

I watch him walking further and further away into the snowy distance.

So, he works at a radio show? Interesting. That must mean he's pretty popular to the public eye.

I wonder what else he's popular with...