001

It's a bright Wednesday morning and Jihoon was walking to their school holding a bouquet of flowers while wearing his brightest smile. He's going to confess his feelings to Ailee. Ailee is a year older than him. They met when the older needed a music partner 2 years ago. The two of them have an interest at music. They both sing and compose music. He feels like they're connected through music. Music and Ailee. Those are the two things that give him inspiration.

He goes to the Music room where Ailee and him usually stay when they have free time. He is now in front of the door and he breathes deeply as he holds the door knob. He's nervous. He isn't sure if the older have the same feelings with him.

Jihoon finally opened the door and he saw Ailee strumming the guitar. The older stops at what she's doing and walks towards Jihoon. "Hey, Ji! Look, I think I made a great tone for our song." She said and grabs the younger's hand.

"Really? That's great! But can we talk about something first?" Jihoon said and he tightens his grip on the flowers. He's more nervous that before. Ailee lets go of Jihoon's hand and looks at him. "What is it? I am listening." The older replied and smiled. With that smile, Jihoon gains strength and is more than ready to do his confession.

"Noona, I like you. I don't know when I started liking you but I suddenly enjoy hanging out with you. You're in my mind all the time, when I'm with you, my heart beats fast and I always feel those butterflies in my stomach. When I look at you, I can't prevent myself to smile. Noona, you're my inspiration, I even made a song for you. I like you." Jihoon said continuously and handed Ailee the flowers.

The older accepts the flower and smiles at the younger. The smile is different from what Jihoon sees every time. He doesn't know what it means but he's kinda sure this is not a good idea. Not at all. "Ji, you are a good friend. I enjoy staying here at the music room with you, singing or writing a song. I enjoy talking with you about anything. I am happy when I'm with you. I like you too but not the what you like me. I like you as a friend, as a younger brother. I'm sorry but can we just stay as friends?" Ailee said while holding Jihoon's hand.

He doesn't know what to say. All this time, he thought that they have the same feelings because of the way Ailee treated him. Jihoon nods his head and let go of Ailee's hands. "Sure. We can still be friends, noona. Sorry I know this will be awkward for the two of us but I want us to be the same after this. I need to go, noona. See you tomorrow." Jihoon managed to say. He kept of controlling himself not to cry. Ailee is his first love and yet she rejected him. He never experienced this kind of feeling yet the result is not good. He didn't expect this will hurt a lot.

After saying those words, Jihoon went out, not looking back at Ailee. He might not control himself and hug the older.

Once he got out of the room, he texted Seungcheol, his friend. "Cheol, I got rejected. Meet me at the garden." After clicking send, he put his phone on his pocket and started walking.

●○●○●○●

The day after that incident, he met Ailee. Usually, when Jihoon sees the older, his heart beats abnormally fast. This time, it's different. He doesn't feel anything like that. It feels like nothing. No butterflies in his stomach. No unusual feelings. No love at all.

Jihoon found it weird. It looked like his feelings for Ailee was already gone easily. He thought his feelings weren't true. Jihoon was really confused he doesn't know that to do.

●○●○●○●

Ushimoko Disease is an illness born from rejection and unrequited love. Jihoon got them when he confessed to Ailee. At first, he didn't know what happened so he did some research about his situation and found the disease.

He can’t believe that that kind of disease literally existed. Jihoon was kind of confused so he went to the doctor to be diagnosed. The doctor confirmed Jihoon really have the said disease. It was also said it can be caused by multiple rejections. He didn't know why he got that disease, he knew he only confessed and got rejected once by Ailee.

But why, for all people, why did he get that disease?