002

Exactly 3 years have passed and Jihoon is now a college student. He moved to a new school with his best friend Seungcheol. Seungcheol is his friend since elementary. They’ve been together for 12 years. Seungcheol is a year older than Jihoon but they’re on the same grade. The older was there while Jihoon is growing up. He knows what the younger likes and dislikes. His favorite things, his personality and even the food he’s allergic with. Seungcheol plays a big role on Jihoon’s life. His life will not be the same if he didn’t meet the older.

About his disease, nothing has changed. He still has it and it is bothering him. Thinking if he wouldn’t meet his soulmate, will he undergo the surgery? He doesn’t want to feel nothing. He doesn’t want to not feel the feeling of being in love. Being in love was the best feeling for him and he just can’t let go of that.

Those three years that have passed didn’t go easy with him. For that span of time, he fell in love for a several times. Meaning, he got rejected for several times also.  Jisoo. Sohye. Daniel.  Those are the people he fell in love with. People who rejected him and didn't accept his feelings. It's hard. It's hard for him to be rejected for several times. It's hard for him for losing those feelings he tried to hide and developed time to time because of confessing. Confessing, by saying how he feels towards that person. He also thought it has an advantage to have that disease because he can easily move on. That means it will lessen the pain.

Jihoon!” Seungcheol shouted resulting the younger to be shocked for the sudden shout of the older.

What?” He replied.

I said I think we’re on a wrong way. The rooms are already 300 something, we’re going to room 207. I’ve been saying it for many times but you’re still walking. Are you okay?” Seungcheol said.

Jihoon nodded to his question. He was busy thinking about his disease and what happened to him for the past three years he didn’t hear the older talking to him.

Sorry, I was thinking about something I didn’t hear you calling my name.” the younger said and looked at Seungcheol.  

Thinking about what?” the older curiously asked.

My disease, my condition. I don’t have any idea where to find my soulmate. Is there a way to find them or fate will do its thing?” Jihoon asked with frustration.

I really don’t know, Ji. I think you just follow what your heart says.” The older replied. Jihoon laughed at what Seungcheol said.

I always do but my heart keeps on choosing the wrong person. Seungcheol! Give me my soulmate!” Jihoon playfully said and laughed loud after.

I can be your soulmate, Jihoonie.” Seungcheol suggested while messing Jihoon’s hair. The shorter playfully hit the older’s hand and fixed his hair.

Stop that nonsense, Cheol. You are not my soulmate.” Jihoon said and walked to the opposite direction.

How can you be so sure, Jihoon?” Seungcheol said while running, following the younger. 

I said shut up, Choi. One more word and I’ll leave you here.” The younger warned him. The older did what Jihoon said and didn't say anything.

Jihoon enjoys doing this. He enjoys playing around with Seungcheol. The older always cheers him up whenever he’s sad.  He’s really lucky he met the older and have him as a best friend.

They reached room 207 while chasing their breath. They run from third floor to first floor because they thought they’re already late for their first class.

It was the first day of school and they are not aware about the rooms and facilities of their school. The shorter was the one who opened the door and they noticed the class haven’t started yet. The professor was late, maybe he wasn’t aware the class starts now. The two of them find unoccupied chairs for them to seat.

There are only three seats left and Seungcheol was the first one to sit down letting Jihoon took the middle seat. He’s wondering if there is also a latecomer except them.

Jihoon was about to fall asleep when the professor arrived. He apologized to the student for coming late. He admitted that he overslept earlier, thinking it’s still vacation.

Since it’s only the first day of school, they only had introduction of themselves. The class was halfway done when they heard a knock on the door. They saw a man wearing a white shirt with some prints on it and a pants. They noticed he was panting maybe because he ran all his way here.

You should’ve skipped the class, Mr. The class will be finished in 25 minutes. Don’t you know what time our class is?” Their professor asked. He acted like he didn’t come late also. 

Jihoon looked at the man standing at the door. He has a small pair of eyes, Jihoon wondered if he can even see them. He also has cheeks that look so squishy.

I’m sorry, Sir, I got stuck in traffic earlier. I also ran all my way here but I still didn’t make it on time. I promised to not be late again and to be early all the time.” The man said and bowed at the professor.

Next time, be early. Now introduce yourself in front.” Their professor said and moved away so the man can go at the center.

My name is Kwon Soonyoung, you can call me Soon. Just kidding, Soonyoung will be alright. Please take care of me.” He introduced and smiled widely causing his eyes to be smaller than before.

After introducing, he went to find a seat and Jihoon realized that there’s only one seat available and that seat was beside him. He noticed Soonyoung is going into his direction. When the two of them caught each other’s eyes, Soonyoung smiled at him. He took a closer look at him and Jihoon realized he’s handsome.

Hi, I’m Soonyoung!” the black-haired said.

Jihoon.” He only managed to say.

Nice to meet you!” Soonyoung said and smiled again. Oh, God he’s cute. Jihoon thought.

Nice to meet you too.” Jihoon replied and looked at their professor discussing their grading system.

Their class was finished and Jihoon can’t stop smiling. Seungcheol called him weird again because of that. Even Jihoon can’t explain what is really happening to him. But one thing was sure, his heart may or may not skipped a beat because of Soonyoung. And someone was bothered because of that.