chapter four

ethans pov

it was 2.47 am. i think everyone are asleep. emma and james wanted to sleep in the living room so last night we set up a matress on the floor. i decided that i'm hungry so i got out of my bed and walked to the kitchen. i opened our fridge and grabbed something to eat.

"ethan?" i heard emmas voice.

"yea?" i whispered.

"i just wanted to know if it was you." she said.

"it's me."

"why are you awake?" i asked

"when do i ever sleep?" she made a good point.

i laughed.

"i'm not tired either." i said.

"you wanna go to the pool?" emma asked.

"um, weird but okay. do you have a swim suit?"

"oh shit. i don't" emma said.

"you can like, borrow my t-shirt or something."

emmas pov

i got out of bed and we walked to ethans room. he gave me a black t-shirt i could wear. i went to the bathroom.

i don't really like to swim with clothes on but i kinda have no choice since i only have a bra and underwear. we didn't plan to have a sleepover so the only clothes i had were my leggings and hoodie. i took them off and put on ethans black t-shirt.

i grabbed my camera because i had been vlogging our sleepover. we all decided that we should do videos for our channel and i just decided to vlog. we'll probably film something later today. ethan and i quietly walked past james to the backyard. it was really dark outside and the only light we had was the moon. i could barely see where ethan was walking.

"i can't see shit." i said and kept walking as i stumbled on a rock and tripped.

"ouch." i whisper-shouted

ethan gave me his hand and we walked to the pool. i dipped my toe on the water.

"that water is freezing. don't you have heating on or something?"

"yea, but i think it shuts down at like midnight." he said.

"i'm not going in there before you do." i said.

"well we can go at the same time." 

as he said that he gently pushed me to the pool.

"ethan!"

"shhhhh." he laughed and jumped in with me.

i swam to the edge and took my camera. we talked to the vlog for awhile and then i put it away.

it was really pretty outside. even tho it was dark you could see the landscape in the moonlight.

ethan splashed water on me and the war was on.

ethans pov

i grabbed emma by her waist and threw her under water. as she swam back to me laughing she suddenly stopped right in front of me. i looked at her in the eyes, her beautiful blue eyes. she looked at me. we didn't say a word. emma smiled a little. i smiled back. she was looking absolutely gorgeous. i just wanted to kiss her but i didn't want to push it just in case she wasn't ready.

"so are you gonna kiss me or what?" she suddenly asked me.

i was surprised but i smiled.

then i kissed her.

james's pov

i woke up and looked at the time. it was 3.18 am and i heard laughing. i looked outside and saw emma and ethan splashing water on each other in the pool. kinda surprised. i kept watching them for awhile, creepy, i know. and all the sudden the next thing i see is them kissing. my mouth opened.

"oh. my. god." i realized i said that out loud. they got off the pool and ethan gave emma a towel. i also noticed that emma was wearing ethans shirt. i wish that was me and grayson. anyway. i saw them walking back inside so i pretended like i was sleeping. they went to ethans room and left me in the living room alone. i mean i kinda noticed something was going on since they've been hanging out a lot after emma and grayson broke up. but i was not expecting that, i just thought ethan was being a good friend to emma. after about ten minutes emma came back to the living room wearing her hoodie again. she layed down on the mattress next to me.

"sooooo, how was the kiss?" i asked.